Just got my results. Worried....

At first i have had reoccurent UTIs and lots of tummy cramping but just put it down to the UTI as ive had sepsis twice due to it it didn't have any symptoms until then the nurse suggested I go for my smear and a HPV test I agreed. I had my smear before xmas I was abit late I'm so stupid for not going sooner if I'm honest... I'm 27 so I'm 2 years late....I have other health issues which causes chronic pain and I use a wheelchair so it's stopped me going sooner. the nurse who done it said my vagina looks healthy LOL! I was like oooook.. I guess I'm ok then! Phew. Then just before xmas I had a letter calling me to colposcopy for borderline changes and HPV i kept getting kidney infections which wiped me out so was unable to attend so I went on the 18th march I thought they probably had it wrong and it's something else causing it just because I've had quite a difficult life if I'm honest I didn't expect to get anything else thrown at me how unlucky can someone be... :(.. So the doctor see white patches all over my cervix that's when I started to think what's going on.. They took 2 biopsies top and bottom and I was told I'd get results in 8 weeks!!!! 8 WEEKS! Is what I thought lol ill go mad by then. So today 10 days later I get a letter which was today just 30 minutes ago...

I have CIN3... I'm devastated. :( I have 3 boys 9, 7 and 6. I have to have LLETZ I'm awaiting a letter for appointment and I'll make sure I go promptly unwell or not. Im worried they'll find worse. I know I'll be ok but I had a feeling this would happen just a gut feeling that I couldn't stop thinking about. These 10 days have been emotional I've been lurking this forum and I have to say your all lovely this is my first post on here. I posted here because I knew you'd all understand I've told my husband and Im trying to hold in the tears but whenever I talk they tumble out I just cannot hold them in because they aren't going to change anything but I've got to get myself together before my son's come home from school later. I'm so sorry for waffling I just had to get it all out. Im also worried about the treatment I have no idea what it is exactly even though I've read as much as I can on it but my first thought are is it worse then biopsy? Can you feel anything while they do it? I'm just someone who had to psych myself up for everything and I'm usually fine I actually didn't feel the punch biopsy. I'll make sure I get it sorted asap. Xxx

SOPHIE XX

Hi Sophie,

i had lletz 10 days ago to remove 2 areas and it is absolutely fine. They inject your cervix with a local anaesthetic before doing the lletz so you don’t feel anything. Even the injection was no more uncomfortable than a smear. It’s all over surprisingly quickly as well. I had two nurses with me who were absolutely lovely and explained everything that was happening. I also had my partner in the room with me who held my hand all the way through.

it really isn’t as bad as you think it will be and everyone in the clinic was so lovely and put me at ease.

happy to answer any questions you might have.

emma x

Thank you so much for replying I was in such shock earlier even though I was expecting it. I just felt sooo deflated after I'm a little more level headed now however I'm still abit worried about the LLETZ results will be do you know how long they take to come back at all?  I'm glad the treatment isn't as bad as I'm thinking the biopsy and the smear was fine to be honest it was over quickly and I had 4 other nurses with me during the biopsy they kept my mind busy we were chatting about our children they really put me at ease hopefully they will be there again too. I'm hoping my husband will be allowed to come in with me as it would be such a great comfort he is my carer too. The doctor I see at my colposcopy said I managed it very well and that I should be fine with treatment if I needed it. It really helps to get it all out sometimes to people that understand how the fears are on this. Also when you speak to the doctor do they give you any more info on the areas which are the issue ect as the doctor didn't say anything during my colposcopy or after either?  xxxx