Just diagnosed- waiting on scan next week (children mentioned)

Hi everyone, 

my name is Anna, I’m 37, have Two children, 7 yo boy and 18 year old girl. it started when I had bleeding and pain whilst having sex, this only happened a few times over about two months so I went to get my smear immediately. And was diagnosed with stage one on Wednesday the 7th March. I think thetime between the colposcopy and the results (about four days) was the worst, because deep down I knew I had it and everyone was telling me I’d be fine, in those days and nights I went through all the panic about leaving my children and who my son would live with ( I live far away from family and his dad and I aren’t together) the upheaval for everyone, but on actual diagnosis I kind of went into “business mode” and have been fine ever since! I have an appointment for my pet scan and mri scans in a weeks time. I’m trying to stay positive about it all and just want it over and done with. I have my own business and worry about time off etc and clients finding out and maybe stopping coming if they think I’m sick but at the same time I don’t want to make a big announcement as I have decided Not to tell my son. I feel it’s mot something he could handle very well, what are everyone’s opinions on telling their children?  

Thanks 

anna 

Sorry I don’t have any useful advice I just wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you. If my results come back as cancer I don’t think I’ll tell people either. My children are only 4 and 7 months so they wouldnt understand anyway but I’m thinking I probably wouldnt tell family either if I could help it. They don’t know about my bad smear results and lletz, only hubby so I’d probably keep it that way.

sending you a virtual hug and hope your treatments are successful quickly x

Thabk you kiwi, 

hopefully your results will be good, when do you get them? 

X

so sorry about your diagnosis but you’ve come to the right place, I also know how terrifying it is I’m in a similar situation with my son and he was only 5 at the time. I ended up having chemotherapy loosing my hair, radiotherapy and radiotherapy, I don’t think it’s an option to say nothing, just my opinion, I explained Without using the word cancer, I just said the dr has told me I have a tummy bug and he is going to have to give me some medicine and some surgery to get it to go away, I reassured him at all times through a lot of tears that no matter what I was going to be ok. Charlene xx

My daughter was 10 n my sis told her cuz I was taken into hospital  and I was returning home  after bilateral nephostomys she asked a lot of questions  here if u need  to talk inbox me any time  x