Just diagnosed to much to take in

Hi jjst diagnosed with stage3c1.waiting on pet scan appointment has anyone been staged further after this scan?i have had mri and ct.

Hi Buttercup!

Welcome to Jo’s- the best support you’ll find. I’ll start by saying DO NOT GOOGLE! Those rates are outdated and not up to date with medicine now…

You’ll find lots of ladies here with your stage and higher who have been sucsessfully treated.
MRI scanners nowadays are excellent but a PET scan will pick up anything it has missed. No one can absolutely guarantee it wont pick up anything else.Take comfort in the fact that you will be treated accordingly. Id say most likely Chemo , external radiotherapy and brachytherapy just like most of us here.
The worst part of all this is the waiting for results as you feel very out of control. When you get your plan and start of treatment date you’ll take some comfort in that.

Big hugs xx

1 Like

Thank you for reply.i cant seem to get my head round it at all as i was cin3 last time i was checked and brought back for a further biopsie which came back cin1.i then fell pregnant with my fourth baby which at about 5months i noticed a discharge with blood which led me to beleave i was misscarrying.took myself to the hospital to be told i had tested positive for strep!fastforword to feb of this year i went to have my baby and had a complicated delivery due to my cervix.which was followed by the doctor the next day telling me she had seen the bigger picture by my chart and told me to ring colposcopy to explain to them that tings had changed down their and it wasnt the same her words.on getting home i did which i then had to listen to be told my cervix ws fine and he done another biopsie.called back 4 weeks ago to be told that i had cancer cells show up but very small amount that i was probbaly at an early stage and could simply involve a lletz treatment.i was sent for mri and ct scan which i received the results last week to be told im now at the stage 3c1.i am also waiting for a pet scan before anything is to start that my treatment will involve heading away for 6weeks to get chemo and rad.i just feel hard done by that this was not picked up sooner.

Well similarly my smears had always been clear. I was due one the week after I actually collapsed. It turns out my cancer is an Adenocarcinoma. They’re higher up and out of the smear range. I was fortunate to some degree it caused stenosis and made me collapse.
I was angry too, but it gets you nowhere. Stage 3 can still be very much beaten

Hi Buttercup1, I am a 3C1 lady and have finished treatment and just been today for my 3 month MRI so anxiously awaiting results from that and the PET scan I had last Wednesday. The worst part about all this is the waiting for scan results. My initial MRI right at the beginning showed Stage 3 and the PET scan just confirmed it but showed nothing further. In any event, they have to be very thorough to ensure that they zap everything the first time and miss nothing so it is a good thing they leave nothing to chance. Please ask any questions if you are unsure of anything. I can promise you will feel so much better once you have a treatment plan in place xxx

Hi snowbird tank you for reply.i tink my biggest fear is that i will have this scan and be further again.im so glad you are finished your treatment and i pray your scans come back ned.its been so hard for my family at the moment to take my news as the week i was told our mum was coming home from hospital after fighting the last 4yr with breast cancer and is now at end of life.times are so hard as it is and my added burden is not helping.

Hello @Buttercup1, I am so sorry you are going through so much, it must be very overwhelming. I am not sure there is anything I can say to help you feel better that hasn’t already been said. Cervical cancer is a very treatable cancer, right up to stage 4b I believe we are all treated very similarly with a treatment that has a great track record. I am a stage three girl, too (I still haven’t figured out if it’s stage 3bii, or 3Cii :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: - stage three with ureter and lymph node involvement). Completed treatment January 18 and so far so good.

Try to hang in there and know you aren’t alone.

3 Likes

Hi @Buttercup1 I hope you will be fine soon!
I am worried about my early diagnose. I had my leep end of june bc CIN2 detected during a punch biopsy. However the leep came with cin2 + cancer cells (microinvasive squamous cell carcinoma) stage 1A1. The size of the cancer is 1mm.
After having read many messages here I am afraid this could not be a final diagnose?
So, in your case, your definitive result came after the scans only? So the leep was not accurate in your case right?

Hi yes my final result was from scans.the waiting at this start of the process is horrible.like others have said on the forum just take step by step.im now 2wks into treatment.like you i combed through the forum.everyones case is diff in sum ways.