New but vague diagnosis

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with CC a few weeks back, had to wait a while for my MRI and have only just received the results. It isn’t clear exactly what stage, there was a node in my pelvis and they need to know if it’s involved or not. If it isn’t, my cancer will be classed as Stage 1b. But if it is involved, then it’s Stage 3c1. Which is such a huge difference.

I’m really struggling with the waiting. They are organising a PET CT to help determine whether the node is involved. Which could take another week or 2.

I don’t know what I’m after, any advice on coping with the waiting or info on similar stories? Thank you all in advance.

Hi @Helenp, I’m so sorry you find yourself here. Anyone here will tell you that this part is the hardest, waiting for scan results but honestly when you get them with your treatment plan it makes it a lot easier to deal with.
I went through all the emotions while waiting, and like you didn’t know what to do or think, if you have a cns nurse speak to them, they are brilliant. Please do not Google, stick to relevant sites like this.
I tried to keep busy during the waiting, I understand this is easier said then done! Take some you time, we actually took our toddler away for a few days and that helped me.
Please understand you are not alone, we have been there, sending you virtual hugs xx

1 Like

Hi Helenp, Welcome, but sorry you find yourself here. I try to get through the waiting for scans/results by thinking of them in a positive way, such as making sure that they find all there is to find and blast all of it first time. I think the scans are important and whatever they show is already there. Unfortunately the waiting and uncertainty with scans and results become a part of our life. I also find it helps to make sure that you are as healthy and as fit as you can be to cope with whatever treatment you need. I am stage 3c1 and the treatment is really doable. The nursing teams are awesome and so kind. You will feel so much better when you know what you are dealing with and have a treatment plan. I wish you all the best and the lovely ladies are always here to help answer any questions you have xxx

1 Like

Thank you both, that has really helped. Sometimes just knowing you’re not the only one going through this helps. I’m naturally an impatient person which doesn’t help but I’m going to do exactly as you suggest and think of it as being a positive that they find everything and treat it all properly!

Hi @Helenp,

As others have said sorry you had to join this club but it’s been the best support since we all in it together because of our common disease. Friends and family cannot help us like all these lovey ladies can, I have learned more from them, before finally seeing the Gyn oncologist, that most of what he said I already knew what to expect. Ha!

I’m found out I am 3c1 due to one pelvis node that showed up on my pet ct scan just the other week. I know it’s hard waiting and just coming to terms that you have cc, it’s a lot to deal with, keep positive thoughts even if you have to fake it, and take deep breaths and ground yourself. Stay healthy as you can. One day at a time. It’s been 1.5 months since my biopsy, I have Radiation Oncologists phone call in a couple days, so a couple weeks away from getting treatment plan, I just don’t know, it all seems to take forever. Hang in there Helen, it only goes one step at a time. Hope you get your Pet soon and no nodes!

1 Like

Hello, I’m so sorry you are finding yourself here! I was diagnosed at stage 1 a few weeks back and the waiting is 100% the worst part. In regards to the PET if you find out what hospital you are going too I would keep calling to ask for a cancellation appt. This is what I did and managed to get my scan about 2 weeks before my appointment.

I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful, the waiting is very tough and your mind will be in overdrive. Just try to keep yourself busy. Lots of love xx

1 Like