Just diagnosed - stage 3

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with cervical cancer on the 14th March and after the MRI, CT and PET scans (how awful is the waiting for those!) I have been told it is stage 3. I won’t get the exact staging until I see my consultant next week but it has spread into the tissues outside my cervix and also into my pelvis lymph nodes. Looking at the booklet they gave me, I’m guessing this will make me 3C1.

I’ve been lurking on this forum since my diagnosis and found it a massive help, especially reading about how everyone’s treatment is going. Now I know more about what I’m dealing with, I just wanted to introduce myself.

Quick question - how long did you wait from having all your scans until treatment began? I know it’s going to be hard, but I’m impatient to get going and kick this thing!

Laura

Hello @Laura-s !

So its horrible that youve found yourself here. But its the best place to be. Lots of Stage 3 ĺadies here will be able to share thier positive outcomes with you.

Lots of love xx

Thanks Shammy! Been a huge shock (I’d been diagnosed with multiple fibroids the week before and only had a smear last February which was all fine) so was not expecting the news at all. This looks like a great place for support though x

Hi Laura,

Sorry to hear your diagnosis I know that you will be in shock its alot to take in. I was diagnosed at end of May had mri, ct and pet scan in June then met oncologist in July and treatment started August.

At the time the wait seemed to take forever but now when i look back the whole thing seems to have just flown by its weird.

You’ll find lots of support and help on this forum so any questions please ask.

Take care xx

1 Like

Hi Laura,
I was diagnosed with CC last month. Had MRI and PET scans fairly quickly and had staging of 3C two weeks ago. I have my treatment planning scan on Monday then I’m told it’s the norm to wait two weeks for treatment, so I start on the 25th.
There’s a group of us 3C ladies who set up a WhatsApp group to support each other. You are more than welcome to join Xx

1 Like

Hey,

Sorry you have found yourself here. But there is lots of support on this forum, so dont be afraid to write what you feel.

I was diagnosed with stage 3C in feb 2020. I started treatment in April, 5 weeks after my last scan, but i then had to have an EUA in between the last scan and treatment starting. once you have a treatment planning meeting it starts prett quickly.

Any questions just ask :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you so much for all your replies, knowing it might still take a few weeks until I have my planning meeting and then treatment is really useful. I think I’m just being very impatient and for some reason expected things to happen much quicker. I just need to make the most of this time before treatment.

Laura x

Hi Helen,
I would love to join the WhatsApp group, thank you so much. I’ll drop you a private message with me details.

Hi Laura,

How are you holding up? I too was recently diagnosed with CC. They mentioned stage 3 in passing, because of a lymph node involvement but never confirmed that to be the official stage. And to be honest I never asked again because I would rather just not know at this point. Feel free to message me, and we can chat during treatment. I start mine on Tuesday. I will be doing 6 weeks of chemo and external radiation and then 4 internal radiation treatments. I hate needles, so I think chemo will be the hardest for me, luckily that is only once a week. I am expecting a hell of a time though- puking my guts out, extreme fatigue and just overall feeling not myself. My goal is to continue working… and maintain a some what normal lifestyle for my two boys (3 and 6). Good luck with everything Laura and know that you are not alone!

I know exactly how you feel - I hate needles and anything vein related so know I have to toughen up pretty quickly. I was absurdly pleased with myself for not passing out when I had the cannula put in for the CT and PET scan (although I definitely had a wobbly moment at both!)

I can’t imagine having to go through this with children (we only have our dog to worry about!) and it must make it so much harder as imagine you’ll be trying to hide how ill/stressed you are. Lots of luck for Tuesday and please do keep in touch.

Hi there. I had this over 4 years ago. I just want to say you will be fine. I beat it …yay and you will too. You won’t be too long before you start your treatment . If you need a buddy through this let me know. I am now guru for creams…foods … chemo … radiation … brachytherapy the lot. Don’t dread chemo either it was not as awful as I thought at all . You just need sleep and people bringing you sour fizzy sweets and anything you fancy . Your tastebuds go crazy so you crave stuff ! Good luck and lots of love vibes xxx

5 Likes

I waited 2 weeks, good luck, it’s the most horrendous time ever but I’ll be thinking of you x

Hi Laura,

Have you received your exact staging yet? Just wondering how things are going and whether you’ve got a start date yet. X

Hi,

I got a call yesterday and my metting with the consultant isn’t until the 29th so really frustrating. I had my PET scan over two weeks ago so just worried that will be out of date before i start! Hopefully treatment will begin quite quickly after that meeting x

Thank you, are you going through treatment yourself at the moment? X

Hi how’s things x

Hi Natalie,

I’m ok thanks - just feels like the waiting is going on forever! x