Just come out of hospital after hysterectomy procedure!!

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me keep positive in the fight please? I had yearly smear tests due to abnormal cells present and on 19th August, after having a colposcopy, I was diagnosed with CIN 3 cervical cancer. I was to have full hystorectomy with lynph nodes to go also and this wad scheduled for 5th October. They managed to bring it forward to 14th September and have just come out of hospital from the procedure. The consultant i formed me that he was unable to remove the cervix as it has attached itself at the back to my bowel. But removed one of my ovaries, a tube and vaginal part of my cervix.? Once re covered from the op my only option is now chemoradiotherapy.

I am so so worried that if this procedure doesnt work then there is nothing more they can do.

Has anyone else going through this right now or has had similar? I want to keep positive - i always think positive mind - positive body but i am finding really hard to sustain it at the moment.

Thank you in advance. Tracy xx

Morning Tracy,

Hopefully by the time you read this you will feel more rested and can think that phase one is now over. Remembering back for me,the first few days after a hysterectomy can be hard on your bowels as they are really sluggish after the op. Peppermint tea is great for wind and anything fibre filled to help with the likely constipation. My story is not the same as yours but after the RH and lymph node removal they could see it had spread to the lymph nodes, therefore chemo rads. I was so gutted as I am sure you will be to know there is more to come! but you need to focus on your recovery from the op and get yourself in the best shape possible. You will likely have a few weeks to recoup after the op before they begin the next stage of treatment. There are lots of posts on this site from women who have not had the op because their tumour is too large and chemo rads really is a brilliant combination for zapping the cells and kicking them into touch. It seems so unfair though that you have to have a double whammy of treatment, but its usually not obvious until they "go in" that things are more complicated. I had my RH 2 years ago now on Oct 4th and my treatment finished on Xmas Eve, so all being well the fact that they brought it forward by a few weeks means that it will all be done by Xmas!

Glad you found this site Tracy, it really is the best place to air how you feel and to get support from women who know! All the very best over the next few weeks with your recovery. Take it easy, don't overdo it and never give up hope. Big hugs xx

Hi Tracy :-)

I'm so sorry to read this, it must be a real blow :-( Like Rachel, I also had a radical hysterectomy with lymph node removal followed by chemo-radiation therapy. In fact the therapies are nothing like as daunting as you might think, and they are incredibly effective. No doubt in a little while we will be joined in this thread by Philleepa who has been cured from a Stage 4 by chemo-rads :-)

Meanwhile, you focus on your recuperation. Take it nice and gently so you can build up your strength for the next stage of treatment. You are going to win this battle :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hi Tracy 

im sorry that you are feeling so down. I hope that being home will give you some peace and allow you to start thinking more positively. It truly is hard when you get your mind wrapped around one thing and everything changes in a blink of an eye. 

Chemorad will ensure that every bit of cancer will get zapped. It's not as hard as it sounds. Try to rest and gain some mental strength and take it one day at a time. 

hugs!!!

Hi Ladies

Thank you for.all your heartwarming messages.  I have a very large family but sometimes you need to hear from people going through or have gone through the same..  

I am a very positive person usually and wanted to continue to be that way.  Having this time recuperating on my own is giving me too much time to think and have become a little low.

I in turn would also like to help with reassurance and share my experience. I hope I could post.my journey here and hope.it is ok to do so?

Thank you all again and if anyone else would.like to share then please do.  This has helped no end.  Kind regards Tracy xx

Hello Tracey.

I echo what the others have said really. I totally agree with you that when your recovering at home you have time to think things and over think thing which makes thing seem so much worse then they are! 

I am at that stage too, 13 days post hysterectomy and I've had far to much time to over analysis and my anxiety is sky high! 

Drove to town earlier and spent £10 on a brush! Got home and was like what was I bloody thinking lol!!! I just needed to get out and buy something! lol

Take it easy and don't be so hard on yourself xx 

Hi Michelle

Thank you for your kind words.  Iam only a few days in on recovery and have already done.online shopping but I am very much like you and will probably do the same as you regards going out lol.  

Kind regards Tracy 

Hi Tracy :-)

Certainly post your journey here! It'll probably be cathartic for you and helpful for others following in your footsteps :-) Could some members of your very large family not pop over and keep you company for a few hours while you recuperate? Little distractions can be so useful when trying not to think dark thoughts ;-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hi Tivoli

The family are starting to turn up, due to work it makes it difficult as you can imagine.  But they are very caring, loving family which gives a boost.

I decided to set up a private chat on facebook messenger where I added all my family to.  Those that cant come to visit are keeping in touch on there which I am finding helps.  Also I can keep them all informed at once as to what is happening instead of several phone calls :-)

Many thanks for your support.  Tracy xx

:-D I know exactly how well keeping your face in a computer chatting with friends and family a long way off can help to distract you for  .  .  . days  .  .  . weeks  .  .  . half a lifetime! :-D

Lots of love
xxxxx
Tivoli