irregular bleeding and discharge - 5 months post LLETZ

Hi everyone

My history is in the signature, but basically after all three yearly smears up to date (I am 40yrs) I had an abnormal result in July 16, HPV present and CIN3. LLETZ procedure in September 16 and now on 6 monthly smear check ups. Post LLETZ my cycle returned to clockwork every 28 days. But I took my period last night. 10 days early :frowning: I also experienced PMT like symptoms for most of last week, but as it was mid cycle I put it down to ovulation (as I have always been very aware of it) especially as I was having a clear discharge since Thursday. Now I just don’t know what to think. I had severe cramps all night and continuing today and I have taken today off work (which I never do as I am self employed). I am due for my first post LLETZ follow up smear in March / April with my consultant (not GP) and wondering should I just wait until that or is it something I should seek help about before then?

I am not one to panic, but this just doesn’t feel normal.

Any comments or similar experiences would be great to hear?

thanks everyone xo

Nothing will put your mind at rest until late you see a professional. Go see your gp you'll fell better they can assist. You know your body if it doesn't feel right make an appointment. I'm one week tomorrow post lletz only so can't speak about months later 

Hi jojo40,

I recently had my first smear test and had lletz done in january i didnt bleed until a week and a half afterwards but now i can have days where i dont bleed others i do. Discharge is normal and i do get cramping quite often even though im not due on my period and dont have my next smear until around july/august.