Invasive stratified mucin-producing carcinoma (ismile)

Has anyone else been diagnosed with this rare sub type of adenocarcinoma? I’m waiting for my mri on 29th Jan to confirm staging. My loop biopsy and clinical examination give me a stage of 2b currently. I’ve not found much positive information about it and am really scared! My babies are only 4 and 7 years old.

Hi @Abi2 ,
My diagnosis is 1B1 adenocarcinoma with a component of invasive SMILE. I only saw the invasive SMILE bit on a letter after my op and don’t really know what it is! It was never mentioned. I will ask at my next check up.
I believe I had the usual treatment for my stage and circumstances (radical hysterectomy). I am doing well so far.
I have two young children too and understand how scary it is to receive a diagnosis like this. This part is particularly hard (waiting for your tests & treatment plan) but hopefully once you have that information it will be easier for you as you will have a focus. Take carexxx

@May1, thank you for replying with a positive story. When did you have your hysterectomy? I’m glad to hear you’re doing well. Time is ticking and from what ive read it’s aggressive so really need treatment to start asap. Tske care. X

Hi @Abi2
I had my radical hysterectomy in October 2023. I was diagnosed in the September. So it has not been long since treatment really. I had a check up recently and all is well and I’ll just need follow ups every 3 months.
I had a MRI after diagnosis too and then met with my oncologist. Hopefully it shouldn’t be too long to wait for youx

Thats amazing @May1 you got treated so quickly. Where in the country are you based? I was told i had cancer on 21st December 23. No mri straight away but had a loop biopsy . I cant have my mri until 4 weeks post loop due to inflammation. I’ve been told i may not make mdt on 2nd feb as Birmingham use a different trust to carry out scans and the upload might not be quick enough to be discussed until 9th feb! I can’t get over how long its taken especially when it’s aggressive, unlike normal cc. :confused:. I’ve also been under gynaecology since September 2022 for abnormal bleeding. My symptoms were dismissed as ectropian until my smear in nov 23. Take care and thanks for filling me in. X

Hi @Abi2
I am in Birmingham too. Hopefully once you have your MRI it won’t be too long to wait. Results didn’t take too long for me even though it felt like forever! I ‘think’ it was about 2 weeks. Bit of a blur now to remember exactly.
I hope you are doing ok. I really remember these initial stages of finding out I had cervical cancer and how scary it was. I really feel for everyone who has to go through this too.
Luckily I am ok so far (I do still worry about recurrence though!) I’ll be nervous at all my check ups but right now I am able to get back on with normal things. I’ve had some counselling to help me move on a bit and not worry so much and it has helpedx