Infection After Biopsy?

Hi all-

New to the forum, but I’ve read several helpful threads here while researching what’s going on. I had a biopsy done on Monday, so just under a week ago. I had minimal bleeding, just some spotting up until last night. I was only about 4 days away from my period, and I started to bleed what looked like a normal period amount of blood. I’m wondering if the biopsy could have triggered my period a few days early? Also, what kind of discharge would I be looking for if I had an infection? I don’t have any pain, fever or super heavy bleeding, but I do notice a bit of an odor-not sure if it’s just my mind making it worse than what it is, or not. I know, TMI-but I’ve looked online and just can’t find anything that says exactly what kind of discharge I’d experience. This is all new to me, so I apologize for asking so many questions. Thanks so much!

Hi there,

I got an infection after my biopsies. I felt generally poorly, had what felt like bad period pains that kept getting worse, had a temperature (looked flushed all the time) and was throwing up. I'd recommend making an appt with your gp to check. I didn't have any discharge other than the bleeding kept coming back.

Hope you feel better soon 

Hiya I got an infection a week after my colposcopy I too only spotted but the day I went to hospital my bleeding was like a period my discharge had an awful smell i felt fluey and I could not get warm I was freezing just felt horrendous. If there is a strong smell I would goto your gp and they can check for you xxx