In a panic

hi apologies if this is the wrong place to post I’m new here.

i haven’t been diagnosed but am going out of my mind with worry. I went to the dr a couple months ago because my periods had been getting longer since my son was born in July 2016. They now last about 10 days, the frost and last 3-4 days are really light just when I wipe and then 2 heavy painful days in the middle. While there I realised I’d had spotting a handful times in the last 6 months. A couple of times after sex, I can’t remember exact details as I didn’t think much of it at the time. I didn’t mention it at the time as it’s only just occurred to me that I have a lot of cervical mucous all the time. I always feel a bit wet, I do pee a lot but always have done but when I leave the toilet i feel like I leak after and when I wipe it’s like the mucous you get when ovulating. I have back pains but have done since my back went in January plus I carry a 1yr old and 3yr old around a lot.

I spotted yesterday literallt a spot of red blood but also had awful back pain like someone had a fist twisting in my lower back and had an acne breakout and it’s mid cycle so I’m trying to be rational and say it’s ovualtion.

i had an ovary scan and blood test in Oct and all was fine and clear and normal so the dr ruled out pcos but then she said the spotting worried her and she wanted to check it’s not cervical cancer and then tells me not to lose sleep!!!! She said it wouldn’t be an urgent referral as it’s not persistent spotting so I could be waiting ages. I rang to go private but it’s about £350 and I can’t afford that. My last clear smear was in august 2016. At least I think it was clean now I’m thinking what if I misread the letter.

I had been burying my head in it recently as my son just turned three i focused on that but now I’m so worried it’s cancer. and my periods have been longer since December last year. Which means it’s probably advanced by now and im scared I won’t get to see my little boys grow up

Can anyone offer any words of comfort please 

Hi my love. 

Your symptoms may be something and nothing but it's good that you are getting it checked out.

I'm sure your refferal is on the way so hopefully you'll get an answer soon x 

Hi i have the same issue going on!. But im 20 years old thats why my obgyn thinks its not cancer.. I never stopped bleeding after i had my baby. I had her via cc. I didn't breastfeed. Did you? I tried but didnt produce enough. I was put on bc and it solved the issue for 2 years and now im having the same problems with my periods going whack.. But i was put on the depo shot and it has stopped.. But im still scared its cc. I am 4 months away from my smear. Still paid privately back in Oct. But wasnt tested for hpv it would of been 300 to tesy for it and thats out of price range rn so i have to wait im hoping after this shot is oit of my system my periods go back to normal i know it may take months. But i just want to have regular periods again im so stressed so scared its cancer