bleeding for a month

please help me , i've got pcos i've always had late periods but this time i've had spotting . pink watery spotting when wiping and after sex , i've managed to stay calm but today i just can't keep calm i've got low back ache and thighs , i've read women's stories of how there smears were normal but now have cancer , i've had normal smears and now thinking the worst ? i can't stop crying i don't want to die . they say it's rare for it not to pick cancer up in smears but i've read so many stories i'm so confused , please help me i'm so scared x

Hi Rosegold, so sorry you are going through this and I know how scary it is. Please book yourself an appointment with your GP to get checked out, they will initially perform a pelvic examination on you and possibly take some swabs. It is highly unlikely you have cervical cancer and there are many other causes for the spotting (it could be linked to your pcos in some way or even something easily treated like an infection). It is really positive your smears have been clear to date. The worrying is always far worse than the appointment - please don't delay to put your mind at ease. Also, stay away from google as it always brings up the worst and isn't helpful. Good luck and please keep us posted how you get on xx

hello thank you for replying . i have not slept , i don't have infections i've had the swabs results yesterday :( 

my dr is ringing me next monday which makes me evan worse it's ages away , i keep trying to tell my self i've had clear smears it's ok .... but then il see stories of clear smears not picking cancer up