I'm sure it's normal but...

Hello,

It's been a while since I last posted here.

Quicker recap - 1b1 CC 29.08.17 and radical hysterectomy? Plevic lymphecomy and ovarian tranposition 28.09.17 and I was told margins were clear - happy days 

Had my 3 month check up on 03.01.18 and it was a 15 minute appointment asking how I was feeling and any menopause symptom or swelling in the legs and a quick examination and was told all nearly healed with some minor contact bleeding.

Beginning of the month me and partner did the business and I bled after and had what look like dry blood for the next 4 days and since then I have been getting nipping pains in my pelvic area like I did before surgery. 

I'm sure it's normal to constantly fear any like pain or potential symptom that the cancer is back. I just have it at the back of my head because after my initial MRI the diagnosising hospital said it was at least stage 2 but the treating hospital said stage 1b1. I just fear that maybe the margins weren't as clear as they thought. 

I've got my 2nd 3 month check up on 04.04 so naturally I'll raise the above with the consultant - how would I know if it is still there? I can't have a smear.. do I have to wait a year post op for another MRI? I know I can ask these questions when I'm there but as it gets closer the more anxious I feel thinking about it.

Any comments of advise or reassurance is greatly appreciated and apologises I'd I've rambled. 

Hi there , 

I also had radical histerectomy and still i am having smears in 3 monthly check ups. I am sure it is nothing serious but bette be safe then sorry,ask for a smear on your checkup in 04 th of april.

Love,

Idyll

I had exactly the same symptoms as you and I was checked out- all turned out fine! 

Check my threads if you can.