Im new here

Hi everyone 

8days ago i found out i have cervical cancer 

Longest 8days of my life

Cried alot

Had a meeting with a surgeon 2 days ago. Agreed to a hysterectomy. 

Said that as the cancer they found was 1.4mm then i wouldnt need any scans etc. 

I felt positive when i left and ready for the operation in the next 4 weeks. 

Today he called and said i would be getting an mri to help me and reasure me that there is no more cancer. 

However i am now worrying that there is a reason that its changed as they had their meeting today. 

Anyone else had this. 

I know im going to second guess everything for the next few months but i was just so positive after the meeting the other day with him and now im not so much

Thanks xx

Hello, sorry to hear of your diagnosis and your worry. I had exactly the same as you in January 2015, 1.4mm of cancer so stage 1a1. Alot of hospitals don't give scans with such a small cancer but I was also offered one for my reassurance, I'm glad I had it as was driving myself nuts with worry. I didn't have a hysterectomy, just a cone biopsy. All hospitals do things differently and I think it's a good thing you're getting the scan so you can be reassured, the chance of anything spreading with such a tiny cancer is next to none so try not to worry about that. I know it's scary but be reassured its a tiny speck of cancer and very easily removed. I'm on yearly checks now and just had my check up in January and all good. Also I think from experience the doctors are quite straight talking, if he thought there was a risk of spread then he would tell you so. If he said he's scanning you for your reassurance then that's why he's doing it x

Hey lovely, 

so sorry you've had the worse 8 days and that you're going though this, I'm sure it's all just a reassurance and that is all. 
try not to over think anything, try to stay positive that it's been caught super early and that gives you such a great chance of a brilliant outcome. 
it's always better to air on the side of caution just in case that way your treatment is based on giving you the best chance of a cure.

much love to you xx 

Thank you for your comments guys. 

I think i am second guessing everything. 

Worrying about it all. Trying not to google. 

I have 2 little boys and everytime i look at them i cry just worrying about putting them through stress too. 

Ive been reading loads on these forums and its making me realise how common it is and i just have to trust in the doctors and stay positive 

Xx

Thank you for your comments guys. 

I think i am second guessing everything. 

Worrying about it all. Trying not to google. 

I have 2 little boys and everytime i look at them i cry just worrying about putting them through stress too. 

Ive been reading loads on these forums and its making me realise how common it is and i just have to trust in the doctors and stay positive 

Xx

Hi 

I’m really sorry you find yourself in this situation. 

I was diagnosed with 1A1 last year, mine was 2.5x5mm. I had MRI and CT scan as I did not have clear margins following initial diagnosis and lletz. 

Its a really scary time, like you I have 2 boys. If there’s any positives to take from any of this shit, it’s that this stage of cancer is very early. It is also curable, try not to panic. You’ll get lots of support here. It’s so hard not to think worst case and beyond. 

Love to you all xxxxx

Hi
I'm so sorry to hear of your diagnoses but I was in the same place as you last year at this time. I think the biggest challenge with the diagnosis is the mental strain it takes on you. I spent months reading every scientific article imaginable and for what purpose? Please know that 1a1 is such an early stage and that you are being followed by professionals who see this and are experienced with it. I had just a cone biopsy and so far, have been clear at each check (I am on 3 monthly ones- I live in france so think it is a bit different process here). Thinking of you and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.