Newly diagnosed

Nurse has phoned me and confirmed cc she said it's early sages she thinks 1b1 and it's not the aggressive one not sure what it's called am really scared now incase I have a MRI scan and it comes back worse than thay think is it possible I have an appointment with consultant tomorrow she thinks I could have cone biopsy and lymph nodes removed very scared of being put to sleep any adivce plz :( 

I am so sorry to hear that. I am sending you massive hugs xxx

Hi Cvs

So sorry you have had this diagnosis but you have come to the right site and will get lots of help, advice and support here.

Its very unlikely that the MRI will show it to be worse, as a rule they don't tell you a grade in advance unless they are pretty sure of it.  I too had 1b1and coped with the treatment OK.

I can understand how you feel about being put to sleep, a lot feel the same but you are given a lot of reassurance and are looked after really well.  Tell them your fears and they will talk them through with you.  I was very nervous beforehand and was given something to help me relax.

Once you get your treatment plan some of the worries and fears seem to ease. It s amazing how quick the time seems to pass and then you will be on the road to recovery.

Good luck with your appointments.  Please don't hesitate to pm me if you have any questions.

Hugs

Cheryl,xx

Thank you Cheryl for your kind words the waiting is the hardest part x

Seen the consultant today thay want to do an internal exsamantion and send me for MRI scan is this normal the nurse told me she thinks it's 1b1 feeling confussed any advice plz xx

Hi Cvs

Many consultants will want to do their own internal examinations, there is nothing to be concerned about with that.  Different hospitals and consultants have different ways of doing things.  This is the worst part with all the waiting and wondering what will happen.  Try to do something to help take your mind off it even if it's just for a short while.  I used to listen to relaxation cd's and read loads of books and mags - it really did help.  Once you get your stage confirmed you will feel more in control.

Hugs

Cheryl,xx