Hysterectomy worries

Hi everyone i am having a hysterectomy in a months time to remove my cervix, uterus and fallopian tubes as have had 4 llettz treatments and it hasnt got rid of the hpv and severe dyskarious however you spell it. Anyway my concerns are will i feels different? I know i will still have my ovaries so my hormones should be ok but in general has anyone had big problems after?

Hi @Fifihapi

Are you aware that the the hysterectomy should get rid of the damage caused by the virus in the sense that it will remove the damage it’s caused in terms of the abnormal cells, but won’t actually get rid of hpv?

You will still need to have check ups afterwards, as the virus will still be there (even if dormant) and and can appear again as abnormal cells in the vagina/vulva or on the vaginal cuff where you are sewn up after a hysterectomy.

I don’t have experience of this particular surgery as mine was much more extensive for recurrent cervical cancer, but I think it’s important to be aware that a hysterectomy is not a cure for hpv. x

Hi they say they hope it will get rid of the hpv as well i dont know. She did say i will still have to come back for regular checks after. I not long ago had a hiv test done because my body isnt fighting off the virus naturally and have had it for years and should of cleared itself but thankfully i am hiv negative i might try and get more tests for other autoimmune diseases to see if that is the reason why my body wont fight it have had it for a long time. I have known about it for 3 years and have had 4 lettz procures havent got enough of a cervix left to do anymore they think that the cells are further in so im hoping that this will stop the cell chamging from turning into cancer if gone. I dont want children so that is not the issue for me its just wondering how i will feel after so i can be prepared i know of the stuff that happen after and some of the risks but just wanted to know if people felt like a different person after recovery

But there is no cure for hpv? It’s good you are aware that you will still need check ups. Some people think a hysterectomy gets rid of the virus.

I’ll let others rely to your questions about how how things will feel after a hysterectomy as my surgery involved much more than that, so my recovery was completely different.