Hysterectomy date through

hi ladies,

Hysterectomy is booked for 29th march. 2 months today! Plan is for keyhole, with possibility of one of the incisions being made bigger to get everything out, and further possibility of switching to abdo incision. Can I ask peoples driving / full recovery time for each of these operation outcomes? If it all goes ok keyhole what is the minimum time I'll be off work? All replies gratefully received x

I had an abdominal radical hysterectomy which was done horizontally which isn’t standard I don’t think however because of the general anaesthetic in most cases your insurance for driving is void for 6 weeks, this is generally a good recovery time to go for. I was up and about walking no problem the next day and was out of the hospital in 3 days. Charlene xx

I had a radical hysterectomy done keyhole. I had it done on the 15th december got the all clear on the 4 th jan. I was told aslong as I could do an emergency stop I could drive. Luckily I have an automatic car so was really easy to drive. I was back at work after 4 weeks,I was only part time so wasnt too bad. Soon as the catheter was out after ten days the recovery was pretty straight forward,I was back walking the dog by week 3. I was tired but not that much more than normal! 

Keyhole is so much easier,the incisions healed quite fast,swelling took a couple of weeks to go. I just tried to walk a bit each day,obviously at  first it was just walks to the kitchen but i tried to do it a few times a day.

Hope all goes well for you

x

Hi all

I'm glad I found this post.  I need to go back tomorrow to find out my 2nd biopsy result.  Was told last week I have early stage cervical cancer and if the results tomorrow show it's still there then I need a hysterectomy, if they've got it all then they highly recommend hysterectomy but I can wait 6 months then have another smear and take it from there.  I guess my main question for tomorrow is if it's good news then do I still have the op or do I wait?  Unsure how long it takes to come back / spread.  And I see from your timeframes you had your op reasonably quickly after diagnosis.  We have a holiday on 23rd April which I really want to go but I know my health is more important, would be nice to have something to look forward to though!

Thank you for reading x

Hey hun, im due for results next week after a cone biopsy for early stage cc.

I was told I would get results in the post but ive hust got a letter to go back in.

Im hoping its good news, if not I have a feeling I may have to have a hysterectomy. Im only 28 and if im honest its scaring me :(

I hope your appointment goes well x

Mrs Melissa,

When do you go back in? Please update.

Good luck!

I was back to work 5 weeks after (I'm a Teacher) my initial recovery was hard but I had a few bladder issues afterwards and spent extra time on a drip the week after surgery. 

I had an abdominal hysterectomy in October and I was feeling "normal" by 8 weeks. I was in hospital for 2 weeks, but I had a lot of complications. I think I drove at 6 weeks.