HRT after brachy

Good morning ladies,

I wanted to ask yous, so i had my cancer in June 2022 it was quickly treated and my treayment was finished November 25th 2022. I was given the all clear in March 2023.

So after November i was out on HRT as went into menopause right away and this was ok for a while. Come June 2023 i was in utter agony, this went on for 4 and half months and the pain only got worse and worse. Turns out because the brachytherapy and pelvic radiation the cervix is shut and with the HRT patches it was keeping the hormones going so i was having an internal period each time and it was building up in my womb(honestly this pain was like labour for 4.5 months straight)

Eventually i managed to get an operation to drain my womb, cleaned it out had biopsies and had a hysteroscopy. I had 150mls trapped in there with blood in my pelvis and all my tubes. Horrific time of my life.

Has anyone else experienced this??

Now i cant have HRT so what are we girls meant to do? Im 34 and its a long process of menopause until im in my 50s.
I feel mybbody getting sore, tired and having bad symptoms of menopause (ive now been put on kentera and it’s helping the flushes)

How can we get the right HRT treatment. Id do anything to have my periods back!!

Hi @Colette I finished treatment in May 2023. I had an MRI in November 2023 which showed a build up of fluid in my womb and I was referred to gynaecology. I had an op to drain this in December (they also took biopsies) I’m still waiting waiting on the results but meeting my consultant on Monday so hopefully will find out more then! I’ve been told this could be due to treatment or due to the fact that I’m on HRT (which I’m still on). I’ve been told they will keep an eye on this and may need to review it! x

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I was the same. It was the HRT causing it for me as i was having an internal period each month and no escape for the blood so ot kept building and so did the pain.

It was like being in full blown labour. I ended up in hospital 12 times in the process of this build up the pain was so bad the infections i was getting was horrific. It was hell.

How have u been since?x

Aww that sounds terrible! I never experienced any pain thankfully. Did feel quite bloated at times! I’ve been fine so far, had a couple of times where I’ve bled a little after sex but not sure if that’s just because of the treatment!

Hopefully you find something to help with the menopause symptoms! The patches have helped me as the flushes I got to begin with were horrific x