HPV has ruined my life and people are scared of me because of it, I wanna give up

HPV has ruined my life and consumed my mind. I have not had an abnormal pap smear thus far but I have wondered when it will come. I have had issues with warts and my ex partner suffered for a long time with the issues. I have had the conversation with new people that come along in my life and they have disappeared and I even had one ask me to wear gloves to even touch him. I am devastated. I feel like a walking disease!

1 Like

I’m so sorry you’re feeling this way. I still struggle with this every now and then too. I do have CIN 3 found at colposcopy after my first abnormal pap in January. It was hard finding out about the HPV, then the abnormal cells, then severe dysplasia, hopefully nothing else will turn up once I have the surgery to remove it. I am starting to make peace with the situation, we don’t really have any control over it you know? All we can do is try to treat our bodies better and hope that our immunities will kick the HPV. You will eventually meet someone who is kind and loving and worth your time. Someone who really loves you will move mountains to be with you and nothing will change that love. You’re not alone, hang in there sister.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your kind words. I hope all goes well with you and everything clears very soon. My prayers are with you and you are in my thoughts. I had no where to turn to with all the feelings and you were kind enough to take a moment of your times to be so nice. Thank you again!

1 Like

No problem! We’re in this together. Thank YOU for the prayers! I’ll be praying for you too :slight_smile:

Hey @brandy55. Just read your story.
Had my cervical smear in feb came back hpv positive!
Been struggling ever since my anxiety through the roof. :pleading_face:
Try keep your chin up i know its hard.
If you ever need someone to chat 2 you more than welcome to drop me a msg. :blush: xx