Hpv and lletz

Hi all

Around late 2018 one of my routine Pap smear came back as Abnormal and we kept repeating them after every 6 months or so which never changed. Then my gynecologist started talking to me about possibilities of them turning to cancer if left untreated and advised me we need to do biopsy ASAP and if they find something he would advice me to go ahead and remove the uterus ( my fault for assuring him I dint need more kids ) I have two boys one 20 and the other one 14 am 37 years old .

so removing the uterus at that time wasn't as scary for me as the biopsy coz I know biopsy is a big word associated with cancer . So I went for second opinion different doctor ( Gynecologist).

my symptoms were itching down there for almost a year and bleeding after Sex not to mention irregular periods . The new doctor said he don't see anything to cause concern during Pap smear procedure so that really encouraged me . Gave me a shot and medication ( not sure what the shot or meds were for) this was early 2019 . After that I was not itching nor hurting or bleeding after sex until to this day, then the papsmear results came as abnormal again, they found high risk hpv and ordered a biopsy . Biopsy came back as Hsil and was scheduled for a lletz under GA . 
Had lletz under GA on 31st of March and not as bad as I expected. It's been almost 3 weeks and only slight spotting which started about 7 days after lletz .Sorry for long story but I was personally looking for such stories to know what to expect . My prayers were answered no GA side effects and the procedure was a success. Glory be to God.

Scary that your first doc was suggesting hysterectomy 

Talk about overtreatment. 

I know right ?