Utterly confused - hpv lletz risks?

Hi, I am extremely confused and anxious and im normally very rational. 

Ive had normal papsmears forever. I still do now. I had a bit of abnormal periods over the past year, I have had a pretty emotional year so I just put it down to hormones causing it because as soon as I'm happy the abnormal bleeding stops. 

Anyway, I went to my GP and they said go to the gync and so I did. I ended up having the end of my period the day of my appointment. So anyway obviously when she did her tests she couldn't get a good look because I bled when they put the thing in. I had a colposcopy. And some new test in australia that is better than a papsmear or something that tests for hpv? I really have no idea as she talked in so many words id never heard before I have no idea. I asked multiple times for her to explain and she explained but I still don't get it. 

So my papsmear was normal. But this new hpv test said I was at high risk of hpv. Which from what she said is some virus thst can cause pre cancerous cells that cause cancer. Anyway So she said had I been high risk hpv they would order a colposcopy,  so she had saved some time as I had that at the same time. But she csnt tell if I have abnormal cells or not cos I bled during the colposcopy. So she's like lets book you in for a lletz. To me this seems extreme...

She basically told me the lletz is no big deal, yet everything I've read said it is a big deal. All these people saying they've gone 6 months without sex and a year and then some losing all interest in sex totally. That their periods have been heavier and way worse since and worse cramping - all of this years down the track. Like I feel like my gync has gone from 0-100 with this. 

I haven't had abnormal bleeding in like 9 months. I really don't know if I should have the lletz like it seems excessive and high risk considering shes actually not even sure. And I desperately want kids, and im in my early 30s. That scares me that this can impact that aswell. 

Omg I am confused and scared and so many things. On top of this, I'm an athlete so if I do this I miss 6 weeks of training, that effectively wipes me out for a whole year. I asked if I can wait till next September and she said she advises against it. 

Anyway I just don't know if all of this is overkill. All because they cant see cos I bled on a test, wouldn't they just try that test again before putting me through general anesthetic to do lletz with such a recovery?? Help!!

That is absulutely completely out of order to order a LLETZ without diagnosing you with anything! Having HPV does not necessarily mean that your cells are abnormal. I experienced lifelong side effects after LLETZ, and although a lot of women do seem to report being fine afterwards I would never undergo this procedure without a proper diagnosis. (personally I would never have it again, but that's another story) I would ask to speak to someone who can give you a more reasonsable option. HPV clears by itself in many women, it's a virus that we build antibodies for. There are some strains that are called 'high risk' because they can lead to cancer, but I feel this term is misleading because in the majority of cases they don't even lead to cancer! 

And CIN, which is what they do the LLETZ for, in may cases doesn't lead to cancer, so without even being diagnosed for that it seems totally invasive to do the LLETZ.