HPV+ and abnormal smear

Hi guys
I’ve been reading the forum for the last few days and some of the posts have re assured me. I have a coploscopy booked for Friday morning following an abnormal smear and hpv+.
I’ve had a number of borderline with hpv in the past but it’s freaked me that it’s developed a stage further.
I am bleeding following sex and also after being to the gym.
As I am bleeding now would this affect the colposcopy?
Best wishes to you all x

Hi Cath

My doctor told me that borderline isnt in fact one level down from mild. It's more "we can see some abnormal cells but not exactly sure what's going on". This can be because the sample taken in a smear is quite small, apparently. She took biopsies at the colposcopy as these give a more detailed answer, and that answer was CIN1 with some localised areas of CIN2.

It may be that it hasnt gone a stage further, just that the smear test is a bit more conclusive this time. All will be revealed at the colposcopy! Re the bleeding, I understand some will do it anyway, some prefer not to, so probably best to give the clinic/hospital a ring and they should be able to tell you whether you need to rebook your appointment or not.

Good luck, hope all goes well

E