Hpv positive and abnormal cervical cells

I’ve just received my results from my smear test and it says I’m hpv positive and abnormal cervical cervical * borderline changes*….

I’ve been having bleeding in between periods, leg and back pain also headaches/feeling dizzy everyday and now I’m so scared. I have my colposcopy on the 9th of December but I feel like that’s such a long time to wait, which is now making me more anxious as I just want to know something/anything.

Anyone with any advice and if they’ve been through any of what I’ve been through?

Has any

Hi Rebecca.Scott24
I just dint want to read and not say anything. I had almost similar experience as you but I dint have back or leg pain, mine was a lot of months of discharge, almost dirty like periods and bad crmps. Turned out to be hpv Hsil and lletz was done under GA about 7 months ago , thank God test of cure was all clear.
I wish you all the best and don’t worry much it’s likely CIN 1-3
Let me know how it goes.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your response Jane, my heads all over the place right now, I’m trying my hardest not to worry but my gutt is telling me something isn’t right.

Im glad you now have the all clear and of course I’ll keep you posted hun, it’s nice to talk to someone that’s has a similar experience x

I had the same as you but mine said much worst high grade moderate adnormal cells and high risk HPV and I ended up having CIN3
Right before my smear was due I had leg pain belly pain and bleeding after sex I’m sure you will have similar to me but probably lower grade I know how you feel I’ve been there but the ladies are great that deal with this stuff at the hospital they made me feel so good :blush: good luck also borderline from why I know also means low grade or mild x

1 Like

Hello, I had borderline changes several years ago and it turned out fine - it was as the smear said and I didn’t need any treatment at that time as the abnormality was microscopic. Often your body will sort it out. In terms of the symptoms - I had similar a few years ago and I had a colposcopy and ultrasound and they couldn’t find anything wrong. I was sure I had cancer as bleeding after sex and heavy bleeding between periods. I went on the pill and that completely sorted it out. When I came off the pill about six months later I continued to be fine and haven’t had any abnormal bleeding since and that was 4 years ago. The gynaecologist thought it was hormonal hence going on the pill.

1 Like

Hi Rebecca.Scott24
Don’t worry so much , sometimes even relaxing and no stress works in helping body clear infections.
If you can access vitamins , here is a list of what I have been using ever since hpv and hsil diagnosis and it must have played a role in helping me clear them

1. Vitamin D ( 2 every morning )
  2. Vitamin C ( one every morning)
  3. Aloe Vera gel ( one every morning )
  4. Centrum women vitamins ( 2 every morning )
    Am still taking months later. I think this should be a part of our lives now . Since our partners could be carrying the hpv always . They need to do more research about hpv especially since we are not told what to do. Sex wise if we have partners or are married🤔
    Take care love and all the best . Let me hear how you are doing

I recommend Mac apples or Empire if you dont like the tartness. I had my thoracic surgery in April of 2018 and it was a full chest opening and removal of the esophagus, relocating my stomach on top of my lungs. Recovery has been hard, especially what to eat and what to avoid. I have started following @Ankr.Us on Instagram… they post good content on nutrition for cancer patients.