How long should I expect discharge?

Apologies, as probably others on this forum have a lot more serious issues than this, but I had really hoped that by 28 days my discharge has settled a bit.
Last week I had what seemed to be a water infection which was very painful. It settled well with antibiotics and I’ve not had the results of the swab, I just thought by the symptoms it was probably that.

The swab for a cervical infection still was negative. However I have had extensive watery discharge ( now almost always completely clear), since day 4 or so ( so more than 3 weeks). It is so extensive it goes through incontinence pads. It’s getting me down and doesn’t seem to stop.

I’ve asked various people including my GP, the ward and this charity. It is serous fluid apparently as is common but I think not on such quantities and for so long.

I have been guilty once for having a sneaky look to see how my cervix was healing ( I confessed on this site). Now I am a changed woman and won’t even do yoga:( instructed by boyfriend to take it easy. )

I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this for this length of time ? I am 55, had cin2 ( looked lower at smear and Colp), had 4 kids vaginally, my lletz didn’t seem extensive. I’m not in pain( since the antibiotics anyhow).

Ideas ? I’m going to buy shares in always pads of this carries on much longer

Update
Test confirmed urinary infection

Hey Rebecca

I hope you are well (all considering)

I wonder if the extensive watery discharge is perhaps more to do with the UTI? I had the watery discharge in the beginning but stopped when I got an infection, then that cleared and started my period, now that’s done with I’m left with a very small amount of discharge each day.

I hope it all settles for you soon.

Sending love xx

1 Like

Thank you Em
I did think that but the infection seems to have cleared after 3 days of antibiotics, the discharge is there but worse :frowning:
All I can think is to phone GP to try to talk to him ( too many other people had that idea).
I’ll have another go tomorrow

GP says he didn’t think there would be a connection between the uti and the excessive discharge. The vaginal swab was negative.
Asked me to ask the ward, who I think are heartily sick of me. They haven’t phoned back yet.
I’m 4 weeks and 2 days in. I think the discharge is getting worse. My plan if they ward phone back is to ask at what stage I should be worried.
It is quite debilitating though as going through 10-15 incontinence pads a day and the water just runs down my legs. But rubbish and tricky for my work face to face appointments
:disappointed:

Nurse said she’d see me face to face tomorrow at Colp
Just to check my healing

2 Likes

I’m glad you’re getting checked, Rebecca1965.
Let us know how it goes.
Xx

1 Like

I will
Heartedly sick of it.
I can only think it must be some sort of inflammatory reaction