How much watery discharge is too much ?

Hi peeps

After having not a lot of discharge at all,  I was in the park ( day 3) and felt as if my waters had broken before labour.
I know watery discharge is to be expected but this was through the pad, through my knickers etc.

I am about to go away ( brave I know). I did ring hospital who said ring GP. Duty doc was in who said he was going to ask a gynae, as wasn't sure.

Since then I've had more but not so spectacular. Probably fine but is bank holiday and I'll be in Hastings so didn't want to be having an infection there 

Doc not rung back, suspect they are overwhelmed 

I'm ok 

Thought I'd keep this up in case anyone has the same experience but doc from hospital said not to worry and that the fluid had probably just ' backed up'

so that's good :) 

Pleased to hear the doctor got back to you and all is okay.

First time round my watery discharge was going through Always sanitary pads pretty quickly. Second time round, not so much.

Rest up if you can lovely. Xx

1 Like

I had soo much watery discharged, it calmed down after about a week/10 days 

I'm seeing my youngest daughter which will be lovely. I was just worried about flooding out the train :)

Bloody hell 

off to Hastings in the tena lady pads 

the watery stuff is never ending but feels like it might be helping with healing in a weird way - not sure if that's true. Since it has started my cervix feels happier 

Advised by jos helpline to just check with swab. So I have as is day 8 with no let up at all 

Watery discharge was my first main symptom in 2018. It just started out of the blue. At first it seemed harmless, but when I ended up having to wear a panty liner just to contain it, I knew it wasn’t right. I also had very slight bleeding that I only noticed after using a sex toy, just a bit of pink at the tip. Went for a pap smear, and the bleeding that followed prompted doc to take a biopsy. Turned out to be stage 1b1. Adenocarcinoma occurs in the glands of the cervix, unlike squamous cell which is on the surface of the cervix. If they don’t take swabs far enough into the cervix, you may end up with a false negative. Overall, I’m very suspicious of watery discharge. Get it properly checked.

I think it is normal after a lletz though ?
It was just a lot of it.
I only had the lletz on the 24th May

Anyway checked again as it’s been 17 days now
Even though it’s regularly soaking through my clothes even with the pad I was told not to worry with no other symptoms. Just need to wait for it to ease off

Hi Rebecca, so im day 16 now, like you i’ve had really watery discharge flooding my pads. But in the last two days its changed and now has colour to it. Sort of pinkish brown. Do you think thats anything to worry about? I feel fine, so im thinking maybe its just clearing out the area that healing, but im concerned incase it represents an infection. Do you know what would be a sign of infection? Thank you

Hi
No I don’t think that is anything to worry about - it sounds as if the cervix is still healing. It’s only really heavy bleeding which is concerning
I’m day 23 abs still getting heavy watery stuff. Phoned ward and they still aren’t worried but just to see if it works am going to try ibuprofen, as feel might be an inflammatory thing

1 Like

From ask the experts

A watery discharge is very normal and can happen for up to 4-5 weeks post treatment. It’s called serous fluid and is produced when tissue is healing. As long as it does not change to a yellow/green colour that’s ok. Keep wearing pads, no swimming, sexual intercourse, tampons or baths advised until it has clear up.

1 Like

Saying that have still checked again for infection
GP thought it a good idea

In addition
Temperature and smelly discharge are the main indicators of infection