Very watery discharge. What was your symptoms?

Hi ladies, I am new to this forum and wondered if you could help me. I'm a 27 year old overweight female (bmi 36). About 9 weeks ago I started to experience period type pain mid cycle. It was so bad that I had to go to bed to lay down and take pain killers. I also noticed that I needed to pee very frequently but not much was coming out, just a little dribble each time and sitting on toilet for an hour trying to releave my pain. To accompany this I am experiencing very watery, orderless discharge. I went to my GP to be tested for a bladder infection/UTI, but all came back clear. He gave me antibiotics anyway. After a week no change so went back and we given second course of antibis. Still no change week later, started to experience awful spasm pain in my lower pelvic area. Back to GP again who gave me a third lot of antibis. Still no better so asked to be referred to gyny. Went private, told I may have a kidney/bladder stone. Went for internal vaginal ultrasound, pelvic CT scan. All came up Clear. Referred to urologist who sent me for another CT scan which they found a 3cm fibroid. In the mean time he referred me back to see gyny as wasn't convinced it was stones. Back to another lovely gyny lady who did some high vaginal swobs and chlaymida tests. Tests came back clear apart from a heavy growth of 'group B step' found in the high vaginal area. Given a course of strong penicillin based antibs and was so happy that something was found and was so hoping it would solve the problem. One week later still no change. Back to see gyny who was miffed at this. I asked whether it could be cervical cancer due to the watery discharge that was constant but she said no as I only had a clear smear one year ago. She said to put my mind at rest she would do a colposcopy anyway for me. Have been with my partner for 11 years and have only ever had 3 sexual partners in my life. At the colposcopy she said she saw some HPV virus cells and she took a biopsy. I now have to wait for 2 weeks for the results and am absolutely petrified it's cancer. My question would be if I had a clear smear just one year ago, what is the chances of getting cervical cancer in just one year. Also does it mean my partner has been unfaithful if HPV virus was not picked up on my last smear but she said she could see HPV on colposcopy? I went in yesterday for a cystoscopy under the urologist and nothing sinister was found in the bladder, just inflammation in the opening and was irritated which urologist feels is from a problem with the cervix. Please help and let me know your symptoms. Many thanks in advance xxx

Hi Sophie 

Im not sure if I can help answer your questions.

first, a smear test is not 100% accurate as mistakes can be made or the swab missed any abnormal cells. In all likelyhood it was done right but abnormal cells can grow within a years time. Hopefully it is just some abnormal cells that are causing you this clear discharge. The chances of it being full blown cancer is slim to none. If some abnormal cells are picked up they will be graded from moderate to severe. Or CIN 1,2,3.  They will removed cells if they are CIN3 with a lletz and this resolves the issue 90-95% of the time. 

Second, hpv can lay dormant for many years and then pop up. So I would not go and accuse your boyfriend of cheating. Hpv is a tricky sti that can come and go. Usually it will raise its ugly head when your immune system has been compromised. Which it sounds like it has with all of your other issues that your body has been fighting like the step b. 

Really until you get the results from the biopsy there is no definate answer to your issues. Try to just rest and eat healthy and to keep your stress levels down as much as possible. 

It does sound like your dr is doing everything to help you resolve all of your issues and take one step at a time. Good luck honey, I hope all will be well. 

i have watery discharge. did you got your report?