Hope this is ok

I have been extremely worried about what the results of my upcoming leep will be. My boyfriend was able to get a pic of my cervix. If there is anyone who could look at it and tell me what they think. There is no obvious growth on it but it like bruised in the middle. 

Angela90504@gmail.com

Sorry if I'm being stupid.

Google "cervical ectropian" and go to images. These are very very common in women, especially those on the pill or going through hormonal changes. I have one. They can cause bleeding during sex and sometimes slight discomfort. They appear like a darker red type colour on the cervix. I'm not saying it is that, but it's probably likely!

Hopefully.someone will be willing to help

If anyone is willing to look at this picture for me and tell me what they think message me please. I'd appreciate it very much. I'm in so much despair.

Hi Angela 

I know you are beside yourself with worry but please let the professionals handle your diagnosis. Most of us on this forum will only have ever seen our own cervix, if any at all, and whatever conclusion we could reach about your image is not reliable. 

If we say it looks benign, we might be wrong 

If we say it looks malignant, we might be wrong 

You are having the appropriate examination to give you the answers you are looking for, and there really is nothing to do other than wait. We all know how dreadful the wait is. There is nothing anyone can do or say to make it go any faster. But this, as with everything else, will surely pass. A friend told me that dealing with doctors is about learning to "wait well", and that its no coincidence we are referred to as "patients"!

Nothing you can do at this moment is going to change the outcome or give you back that sense of control. Its hard to learn to live alongside the uncertainty, its really hard, but its not going to be this hard for long xXx

I'm sorry. I'm just so scared and alone. I'm afraid if there is cancer there they won't be able to do anything to cure me and ill be left to die. I'm terrified of surgery because of my size. I don't have any serious health problems besides being super fat. I.feel alone I wish I could tlk to people like me who have been through this.

The wait is extremely difficult, and this time last week I was feeling exactly the same as you. The comment above is 100% accurate though, you should not ask anyone other than health professionals for an opinion as that could just make you feel 20x worse.

You said your boyfriend took the picture, use him as support. Cuddle and reassurance goes a long way. Cervical screening these days is usually amazing at picking these things up very early. So even if there are cell changes, there is a very good chance removing these cells, (when you are awake, no surgery) will do the trick.

try and not think worse case scenario, I know easier said than done!

x