High risk HPV and CN1

Hi everyone,
Had my colposcopy the other day. I was told I have CN1 & high risk HPV. The doctor discharged me & said to have a repeat smear in 1 year if its the same or worse i will be referred back. Anyone else had this situation before? I find it hard to believe its going to go back to normal in 1 year!
xx

Hiya! sorry to hear you're going through this it's a nasty worrying time!  I too had cin1 and high risk which did get better following my 6 'in the follow up but then sadly a year later on my follow u I progressed and just last week I was treated for cin2 with lltez! I do believe that wha I did in those first 6 months healed my body I drank heaps of green tea gave Up social zoning are lots of fruit fish etc all foods good for the bodies cells u can find this on google!  then because it wgorbetter my ignorance and stupidity left me slacking my health again! I started booking casually didn't eat healthy had a lot of stress during that year and I truly believe that's why it flared up again and got worse! Fair to say i don't think think this can be a conisedence! Main thing is you're in the system!! good for you and be sure to stick to those follow ups it's so important! Maybe if u ain't already healthy eating just do something's like that to make U feel in control! It's fair to say I'm now back to my health regime taking lots of vitamins also and will never touch a cigarette again good luck sweetie! ...

Hello, I was just tested positive for HPV high risk type and CIN 1 after my colposcopy. My doc advised me to check up again (with a pap smear / colposcopy) in 3 months time. He said there is nothing to do at this time. I was also tested for the most common high risk types of HPV (including 16 and 18) but tested negative, so it may be that I have aother high risk type of HPV that 1) was not part of the common types and 2) thus was not part of the HPV type test. The doc said I dont need to worry just now about exactly what type of HPV I have as we already know we are at CIN1. 

Hi There, 

In April last year I had a boarder line smear and was sent for colposcopy as i was also suffering from eratic bleeding after sex. I had a second smear done at colposcopy but all seemed ok otherwise. My second smear results came back as CIN 1 cells and high risk HPV and like you was advised to return for a smear in a year. I've just had my follow up smear (a bit early as still having the eratic bleeding) and colposcopy with biopsy so when I have the results I will let you know how I get on. 

If you have any signs like bleeding after sex, eratic spotting I would press to be seen sooner than 12 months. If you don't have any concerns it is possible for your body to clear the HPV and the abnormal cells by itself - not entirely sure if this is even linked to healthy eating, smoking etc - I wouldn't get too bogged down in changing your lifestyle dramatically unless you really want to. My doctor was telling me that for CIn 1 and  high risk HPV some NHS trusts would see you in 3 years for a repeart smear so I always feel like the 12 month check up is being extra cautious and try not to worry too much about it, though that is easier said than done. 

xx

Hi, 

Fingers crossed for your colop result !!! Never even heard of HPV until i went for my first smear in Jan. Scary knowing we have high risk HPV. How long have you have the high risk HPV for? I keep thinking if I have CN i must of had it for years and cant clear it & if i ever will!!!!! Let me know how your results go xx 

Hi!

I am right now at the same situation you have been.

I was diagnosed with high risk hpv and colposcopy showed CN1. Follow up in jun /2019.

I’d like to kindly ask how was your follow up, hoping that you are doing fine!

thanks a lot

M

I search for CN1 post and this one pop up. I'm so concerned about cancer. Last night, I received the results for my colposcopy. The past PAP smears always been normal. I'm talking years of PAP smears. The last two I have been positive for HPV 16.  So even the PAP smear that was done two months ago was still positive for HPV 16. That's why they send me for Colposcopy. So it came back CN1. What I don't understand is how my pap smears come normal except for HPV but when the did the cwevix sample that's where they found the abnormal cells.  They want to retest in a year. I'm like worried and I know is not as bad as CN2 or CN3 but still I went because intercourse is very painful. I hope everything goes well for you.

Hi, I got a letter today saying my smear test came back and I tested positive with high risk HPV. Does anyone know what happens next? 

Thanks.