high grade dyskaryosis (severe) results

Hi, I’m new!

I recently went for a smear and I got my results back yesterday with a result of high grade dyskaryosis. The hospital has already booked me in for colposcopy which is taking place next Tuesday.

My question is… what could the outcomes of this be?

I spoke to my GP today and she really have much to say other than not to worry. But I want to be prepared!

Thanks,

Wendy

Hi
I had the same result back in April with a also HPV positive.
I had my colposcopy booked for 2 weeks later where I was advised that they would have a closer look inside and may also carry out a LLETZ procedure.
The look inside is similar to a smear test, they use a speculum and then a camera, for me I didn’t really feel anything or have pains it was only being a little uncomfortable with the speculum.
I believe they also put some dye in to show up the cells (but to be honest my head was all over the place and I wasn’t really taking much in)

Due to what was seen the consultant did the LLETZ which I did not find painful just uncomfortable, they numb the area and then use a electric loop to remove the area, and send that off as the biopsy to be checked. After this I was free to go home and continue with my day, I did for about 3-4 weeks have discharge and Ona be off stomach cramps (felt like I was coming on) which is all normal.
Depending on the results of that will be how they proceed with the next stage, I was told 4 weeks for results but it was 6 weeks before I had an update.

For me the consultant wasn’t to concerned and believed that I would just be back in 6 months for another smear to check for any changes.
Unfortunately that wasn’t the case and I’ve had to have additional surgery for them to take another section for biopsy and now just waiting for the results of that.

For me the worst bit of all of this is the unknown and waiting for results, as well as over thinking and putting 2 and 2 together when I don’t actually know that’s the case, I’m trying to be as positive as I can and in front of most people am putting on a brave front and making out I’m not worried about it, when deep down I’m so scared. I have also googled things which doesn’t really help as there are so many conflicting things.

I have found this group has helped me and that I’m not the only one going through it or having the thoughts I am.

If you have any questions just drop me a message.

Thanks for answering Nicola, that puts my mind at ease a little. I suffer with severe anxiety and BP… so I over think absolutely everything till it makes me poorly. I have an 11 month old daughter who was born 2 months prem. so it’s making me over think that this might have been the reason for me going into premature labour, as there was no reason explained to us at the time… but who knows! :woman_shrugging:t2:

I’m hoping it all happens quickly and then we can come up with a plan of action to proceed but I know it takes time. The waiting is probably going to be the worst part. None of the proceedings at the hospital will bother me as long as I know what’s happening and what will happen next.

Sending you love

xx

I had the same outcome I had a lletz under general when I went for my coloscopy. She told me there and then I didn’t have cancer . Surgeon told me all was removed I had to chase the hospital up for my results high grade dyskaryosis which was predicted on smeer. And Clear margins