Colposcopy biopsy results after HPV positive and high grade servere dyskaryosis

I had my cervical screening and the results came back as HPV positive and high grade servere dyskaryosis. So I went and had the lletz procedure, it was such an awful experience. Just awaiting my results. The wait is agonisingly long,it’s only been two weeks but feels like a lot longer. Just waiting to get back to normal. Any body else in the same boat?

I’ve just had Colposcopy, awaiting results. Feeling she is going to ask me back for Leetz procedure under GA as a have Vulvodynia. The procedures are intrusive and the wait is exhausting and frightening. I still have cramps and losing after Fri morning Xx

Hello,

I am also in the same boat having had my smear and results came back with HPV and high grade Abnormal cells. I went and had a colposcopy which they confirmed the high grade cells and decided to carry out the LLTEZ procedure to remove the abnormal cells aswell as take biopsys. I have also been waiting 2 weeks now and the wait is making me ill. Hardly sleeping, eating and feel like there’s a weight on my shoulders. Really hope we are not waiting much longer :crossed_fingers: xx

Have a feeling I may have to have az Leetz too X

Hi, I had exactly the same results as you and it took almost 6 weeks for my letter to arrive. And it told me nothing. It repeated that I was high risk dyskaryosis CIN3 and would be discussed at their meeting as to a plan of treatment. This panicked me even more as I was sure it was really bad. My daughter persuaded me to ring the clinic as we were both really upset. The nurse actually laughed when I said the letter and the fact they were discussing me had worried me even more. She said the meeting was a regular thing to discuss all patients and their course of treatment and the results didn’t show any indication of cancer! Why on earth the letter couldn’t have said that!!! Their meeting is tomorrow but I still want to hear it officially.
Lots of luck and don’t suffer in silence. I was so relieved after I’d rung the clinic.

3 Likes

It’s nice to hear that you are not alone in the wait for results thanks ladies. I understand the NHS is under a lot of pressure at the moment, it just that it’s always on your mind. Having a place to talk to others going through the same thing is such a good outlet for your worries.
Being stuck in limbo not really knowing what’s going on can some real psychological effects. So I hope for all our behalves that we get our results soon
X

1 Like

Hey all,

As a long time colposcopy patient I really feel your worries. The waiting is definitely the hardest part!

I know at my hospital it tends to be you get invited to colp, you have the examination, you wait and wait for the results and if necessary you’re called in to discuss treatment. This is much better to be face to face as it gives you the chance to ask any questions.

The letters are definitely not great though as they don’t usually say much but when it has been urgent/ really serious I’ve also been rung up straight away.

Hang in there and try and keep busy x

1 Like