High grade cell changes

Hi everyone,

I had a Colposcopy a few days ago after having my last 3 (yearly) Smear tests coming back:

2020-HPV+/no abnormal cells
2021-HPV+/no abnormal cells
2022-HPV/ abnormal cells found

I had a biopsy as the nurse told me she could see that my whole cervix had cell changes and there were some areas she felt were high grade changes. There was also discharge on the outside next to the entrance to my (I over heard the nurse talking about this with a GP who was there but also saw it on the screen).

I’m really worried because she said my whole cervix had changes. Has anyone had any experience with this or any insight? I just keep thinking the worse and how it must be bad because the whole area has changes and there are high grade changes too. I have absolute no symptoms of cervical cancer and this has all come about as a shock!

I know I need to just wait and see but my mind is going into overdrive and the 4 week potential wait is just too much!

Thank you!

Hi!!

I had similar to you , smear showed moderate changes- at the colposcopy they couldn’t do the Lletz as the changes covered the whole cervix and would have been uncomfortable to remove for me so I had it under general.

That was last November - cin3 confirmed but got clear margins.

Just waiting on results from my test of cure now.

It’s hard not to worry but keep your chin up xxx

Oh and I had been bleeding after sex but after the Lletz no bleeding once healed and my smear this time was pain free and no blood so I’m hoping it was all from the cells that are now removed so quite positive xx

Thank you for responding. You have put my mind at ease in that the whole cervix changing doesn’t necessarily mean it’s worse! Still no results yet but it hasn’t been too long.

I hope you get yours soon as that it is all well!

1 Like