Help: Massive anxiety over this

I’m currently waiting for my results and I cannot function properly. I have no appetite, have been crying daily, and reading a lot of horror stories about this online and dr. google. I’m highly hypochondriac which does not help at all and I’m just happy find this community where you have a safe and open place to even ask/discuss these things.

So I’m having spotting in between periods for some months now. This only started after I’ve switched to a new type of birth control hormones/pills. I was taking one previously that I had no problems with. I’ve been taking this for years but I had to switch when I moved here. My GP prescribed me these new pills/ hormones and it’s the first time i’ve experienced several side effects like headache, sore breast (never had this with my old pill), and spotting. I told my GP about this and she just upped my hormones/pill dosage but still the same type of hormones. I’m still having the same spotting. I was told spotting is a common side effect of a new pill but I’m just a ball of anxiety until I get my HPV results.

My spotting is also very “patterned” or uniformed. They always come during the middle of my pill so I’m taking a 21-day pill with a 7-day break. My spotting is always between the 12th-16th day of the pill in the last months. It’s just strange.

Anyone with a similar experience? I also have PCOS btw so not new to having period problems my whole life. If anyone can have any input about this, thank you so much!

Listen to your GP. Certainly sounds linked to your birth control from what you’ve said. You can always stop your BC pills if they’re causing unwanted side effects and try something else.

If you suffer from hypochondria, are you receiving any treatment e.g. therapy? You know yourself best, but I can’t imagine that Dr Google is helpful for a hypochondriac (or anyone else really, but we’re all guilty of consulting him!).

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply. I finally got my HPV test results and it’s negative (yay) but I’m still on the pill (microgynon 50). My GP’s recommendation is to be off the pill completely in the next months to see but I do know that stopping the pill after being in it for years would also have many side effects so I don’t know if that’s a good idea. I’m still thinking of what to do.

Psychologists use expressive arts therapy in many settings to help people explore difficult issues in their lives.

Art, music, and dance are forms of creative expression that can help you process and cope with emotional issues, including depression. Expressive therapy goes beyond traditional talk therapy. It focuses on creative outlets as a means of expression. This therapy can be especially helpful for people who find it difficult to talk about their thoughts and emotions.

Expressive therapy can include various forms of artistic expression. This can include:

• art
  • music
  • dance
  • drama
  • writing and storytelling

In expressive therapy, the therapist encourages you to use these arts to communicate about emotions and life events. These are often subjects that you may find difficult to put into words.

I was on the combined pill for like… nearly 10 years maybe? Didn’t have any side effects coming off it. Ironically when I went back on it about a year later I got horrendous headaches and had to stop and switch to the mini pill. I don’t think how long you’ve been on it automatically means it’ll be tough to stop it. If it’s not agreeing with you I would personally stop it and try something else. There are so many options these days.

Psychologists use expressive arts therapy in many settings to help people explore difficult issues in their lives.

Art, music, and dance are forms of creative expression that can help you process and cope with emotional issues, including depression. Expressive therapy goes beyond traditional talk therapy. It focuses on creative outlets as a means of expression. This therapy can be especially helpful for people who find it difficult to talk about their thoughts and emotions.