Heavy bleeding/period after lletz

Hi all, just wanted to share my story and see if anyone has had similar. I had a colposcopy and lletz treatment just over 2 weeks ago after an abnormal smear and suspected CIN3. I only experienced a tiny amount of bleeding immediately after followed by some yellowish discharge which I read could be normal. My period then started bang on time last week and I bled normally for 5 days, when I presumed it had almost finished. Then Tuesday while at work I suddenly started to bleed very heavily, bright red blood with no clots immediately but lots of flooding right through my trousers onto the chair I was sitting on and even down to my socks! I could feel it gushing out of me every time I stood up and even as a nurse I started to panic. Working at a hospital anyways I was sent down to A&E who then contacted the on call gynae doctor to see me. Whilst waiting to be seen on the gynae ward I went to the loo and passed a large blood clot maybe about the size of an egg. After that he bleeding seemed to settle. They examined me and said that the area on my cervix was healing well and were satisfied the bleeding wasn’t from there. As it had settled and my bloods etc were normal I got to go home later that night. He was also able to give me the results of my biopsy- confirmed CIN3 but they were happy treatment had been successful. I asked if there was any relation to having the lletz and this heavy bleeding and he said no? He thinks there was just a pool of blood in my uterus that my body decided to get rid of all at once? I just think it too much of a coincidence as ive never had anything like it, especially on day 5 of my period. I just wondered if anyone has experienced anything similar? I’m still getting some spotting now and the odd crampy feeling which I never got during the heavy bleeding, but I understand this might not settled for another couple weeks. Just a bit anxious that it might happen again.

Hi ToniC

We seem to have very similar journeys!

I had my LLERZ just over two weeks ago, same as you, normal discharge etc then a gush of blood and a huge clot, then it seemed to go back to watery pinky type discharge. I too just got results back and CIN3 with 6 month check up.

I don't know if it was a period as mine are highly irregular and I'm not due one as I'm on the pill. My consultant didn't seem worried either, even though I have never seen anything like it in my life and was terrified!

I think the LLETZ procedure tends to have diverse and varying dude effects for different people but if the bleeding continued to get heavier I would definitely ring the clinic back or pop back to hospital out ig hours.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Xx

Thank you for replying, wow we really do have similar journeys! I was so scared too with all the sudden bleeding, reassuring to speak to others who are going through similar. Yeh will just keep an eye on it, I seem to have the watery pink discharge now too, hopefully that's the worst over! Same to you too, take care xx