Heavy Bleeding on period after letz/colposcopy

I am on day 10 since i had the letz/loop done at the hosptial and my period started on day 6 after the letz and seems to be getting heavier and heavier. Has anyone else has bleeding really heavy with their period after a letz and when did it start to slow down and stop. When is it classed as bleeding too heavy after a letz?

Hey Trixie

I had my coil removed at the same time as LLETZ which they say coil removal instigates a period basically! So I think my LLETZ bleeding started day 2/3 and then my period started around day 5/6. As you describe it just got heavier and heavier, apart from feeling drained (which I put down to post LLETZ) there wasn't a smell and it seemed like a period to me. I was heavy to the point where I was changing every couple of hours and leaked during the night.

In hindsight I probably should have called the Dr but I didn't want to bother them during all this and I didn't feel majorly concerned even though technically it was probably a bit much. I think you know your body best, go with your gut. They say too much is changing every hour? 

I bled for 4 weeks solid, was SO glad when it stopped. But then 2 weeks later, period again!!!!! Totally fed up but now I'm back on the mini pill. I didn't want to go through having the coil put in again until my test of cure is done and dusted. 

Hope I've helped - slightly! Xx

Thanks for the info Kr will just see how i go and hopefully the bleeding will slow down at some point.

Hi, I've had 3 lettz and had heavy bleeding after 2 of them. Both times it turned out to be an infection interrupting the healing process. First time I got antibiotics from the gp and then healed, 2nd time I hemorrhaged so ended up in hospital on antibiotics. They say too much bleeding is if you're soaking through a pad an hour but maybe call the hospital or gp to check and see what they suggest. First infection I waa bleeding but had a crampy pain too.