First period after LLETZ

Hi all, hope you're all doing as well as can be. Quick question for those who've had a period after LLETZ. 

I had my LLETZ on 18th Feb and what appears to be my normal period started right on time on 1st March and I feel awful. It's much heavier than usual, I feel really sick, bloated and exhausted. Is this to be expected or should I be phoning the unit? 

Hi :)

I had my lletz on 9th feb and I was due on my period a few days ago and I am bleeding ALOT. Way more than normal. My only concern is I haven't stopped bleeding at all since my lletz and then the last few days it's been extremely heavy, the rest of the time it's been kind of like mid flow normal period. I also wonder if it's supposed to be like this or if I should ring someone! What I can definitely tell you though I'm fed up of it all now! I feel really yucky. I think I shall ring someone if it doesn't get any better in the next couple of days. I don't suppose this had made you feel any better, just wanted you to know that you're not alone! 

Take care

Kayleigh

x

Thanks Kayleigh. I called the colposcopy unit today just to be sure and their advice was so long as the heavier bleeding stops roughly in line with my expected period, it should be fine, just to keep an eye out for clots. They said to go in if it stays really heavy for longer or start passing clots but in the meantime painkillers and rest.