Had call from GP on Monday - Grave concerns following my first smear.... (Children mentioned)

Hi all,

I had my smear test on the 6th February 18, the nurse who performed the smear explained i had 'cervical ectropion' but didn't delve into the meaning of it, I didn't want to go near google, so left it and patiently waited for my results letter to come through the post. On Monday evening, I received a phone call from my Doctor herself, who explained that my smear test results were not very good and they had some concerns due abormal cells and that I must have an urgent referral to be seen in the colposcopy clinic asap and that I would hear from them very soon. On top of this, I have recently been diagnosed with complex anxiety disorder and PTSD following a traumatic life and more recently, the sudden death of my mother (also my best friend.)

I received a letter through the post on Tuesday afternoon to confirm an appointment for the 1st March 2018 at the colposcopy clinic. I felt extremely anxious at how quickly i received the letter, especially as i had only found out about this the evening before! I contacted the colposcopy clinic and just explained that I am really nervous and wondered if they could explain my results in more detail as i am going to go insane before 1st March. I spoke with the manager of the colposcopy unit, who asked me to get a pen and paper and write down what the labroratory results were.. It is 'Glandular intra-epithelial neoplasia'... the manager advised me to do some 'research' and then contact her again should i want to before 1st March... i have scoured the web high and low and it seems there isnt any solid information on my lab results! I am sooooooo scared and would like to know what this means!

I am 25, have two children and this was my first ever smear.

I just have this feeling of hate for myself at the moment, it was a feeling of hopelessness before all of this and now I just want to rip my own cervix out because the thought of leaving my babies behind fills me with dread... But at the same time I really want the whole truth...

Please help </3 xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, I was diagnosed with glandular neoplasia in December following a colposcopy. I was given my colposcopy appointment within 5 days of my smear results so had a massive panic that it must be really serious. What I now know is that nhs guidelines mean you have to be seen quickly so a fast referral isnt necessarily anything to worry more about. 

I'm no dr but the way cgin was explained to me was similar to CIN3 (so the most severe cell changes) but just within the glands so harder to see and sometimes harder to treat. The glandular changes themselves are not more likely to become cancerous, just less Common and can be missed at smears. I actually felt relieved they’d been found and not missed on my smear. 

I had lletz under GA to remove them and dr says he is confident he got clear margins round it. I still worry that they may have missed something or that follow up will show they're still there but try to think at least I’m in the system and have had this picked up. It’s so worrying (I have young kids too) but just keep thinking this is why they offer cervical screening to catch these things - better to know and deal with It.