Good news

Hi Ladies
Had my 3rd 3 monthly check up today and so happy and relieved all is looking ok!!
Hate going back to the hospital and complelty lose my nerve whilst sitting there waiting…did contemplate doing a runner at one point!! :x but my oncologist is amazing and I feel really at ease with her!! I asked quite a few questions today about things that have been playing on my mind but the one thing I forgot to ask is why some ladies get scans and others don’t?! Does anyone know?! Seems strange that I don’t get a scan!!
But anyway just wanted to let new girls know there is light at the end of a very scary tunnel!! Xxx

Brilliant news:) my consultant told me that te only reason he would scan me again is if he sees anything suspicious. I suppose its different everywhere x

That is great news! 

xx

Hi Halfpint

Amazing news - congratulations!

It's always interesting how oncologists and hospitals vary. I am in Australia in the public system, and I will be having pet scans and a smear every 3 months for 2 years (just had my 1st 3 month one). 

Perhaps just different hospitals have different protocols, and that's the only reasoning for the difference in monitoring?

Great news! 

Rosie xx

This is great news!!! Maybe you can ask for a scan if you feel it would be reassuring. 

Cheers

Great news

Good news! I have my check up on 3 March! eek x 

Excellent news! I just had my first check up post op and I got the great news that I further treatment is needed! You must be so happy! 

Sounds like a weird question, but my doc said in 3 months, I'll have a smear. How do they do a smear if there is no cervix? I was so overwhelmed with the good news that I didn't think to ask! 

X

hi ladies 

thanks for the lovely comments!!;) 

laura I think they take a swab of the cuff area?! I haven't had this myself my onco just has a peer up and a feel arpuns!!:x  never painful and over really quickly!! Will you have scans? Or just smear and a look? It's all very different where ever we live in the country...you wonder what works best really and why there's no set rule on it all xxx

I hope you have had a good couple of days. It must feel like such a relief to have the check up out the way! Are you back in another 3 months?

My nurse said first one will be a smear and a look? X

Hey Halfpint, 

What great news!! So pleased for you

Flo xx

Hi Laura

yeah I think the first few check ups are super nerve wracking..I was the same as you I just wanted the first one over so I knew what to expect!! You will be absolutely fine tho don't stress about it as you'll go in have a quick chat and then quick look and I guess swab in your case and then not think about it till the week before you next go!! yep every 3 months for 2 years Then 6 months I think till year 5..all being well!! are you the same?xx

Hi Flo 

Thank you for the kind words..it's a relief to get the app over and done with!! Till the next one!!:/ how are you? I have been thinking about you and hope you've been doing ok!! nikki xx

Yes that sounds right to me? Time passes so quickly that I'm sure the 5 years will be up before we know it! X