6 month check up - good news!

Hi,

So i just wanted to share my little bit of positive news. I had my 6 month check up and my results have come back with my oncologist saying they can't see anything suspicious, and things all look good!! After my 3 month scan being incnclusive this is such a relief and just totally wanted to share it's doable to anyone just coming out of treatment. I was so scared and anxious this time 3 months ago, but it's true what they say sometimes, have faith and trust the oncologist. I had real problems accepting they weren't going to do anything for another 3 months but they've said things are ok!! :) onto the next 3 motnhs now!

On another note i am finding things so overwhelming. I don't know what to do with myself!
 I'm not sure how other people have found things after results, but after the intial few days it took for it to sink in, i've been able to feel happy about it and push the anxiety to the side a little, but i've been really disheartened as i've had so many of my friends and family kind of dismiss it. I'm lucky to have a few people who i know it meant the world to know and they said they were happy for me but I want to celebrate it, and i feel as if it's been brushed under the rug as just another day. I didn't get to celebrate the end of treatment as i was so poorly which i think is making it worse, as i don't want to feel like i'm not marking occasions! Through all this i've learnt to celebrate everything as it happens rather than waiting for thr 'right time' but i'm starting to feel like i'm nagging to go out or just do anything to not let another day go by which is just another day. Does this make sense?? 

I feel like i'm going a bit mad, but equally i think it feels so much worse as i know my mum would be jumping off the rooftops and making uch a fuss of me if she were here. I guess it's the mixture of so many feelings. I just want to enjoy as much as i can before the anxiety sets back in. Is this normal? 

Thanks to anyone who reads this. 

xxxx

That is absolutely awesome!!! I am so happy for you. The news you have been waiting to hear so long. You deserve to celebrate for a month at least!!! I am beaming a smile because i'm really happy for you.

People from the outside find it hard to understand how all consuming a cancer diagnosis is .I kind of think people think everything is ok unless you are having chemo or some other treatment. They dont comprehend the long process of scans and follow-ups and the constant fears and anxiety. 

Enjoy your moment and celebrate as long as you can, you have had a long fight to get this awesome news.

Lots of love xx

That is absolutely awesome!!! I am so happy for you. The news you have been waiting to hear so long. You deserve to celebrate for a month at least!!! I am beaming a smile because i'm really happy for you.

People from the outside find it hard to understand how all consuming a cancer diagnosis is .I kind of think people think everything is ok unless you are having chemo or some other treatment. They dont comprehend the long process of scans and follow-ups and the constant fears and anxiety. 

Enjoy your moment and celebrate as long as you can, you have had a long fight to get this awesome news.

Lots of love xx

Brilliant news Bumblebee. The relief is enormous, I remember it well. Even if people around you don't fully understand, you have an army of friends on here who do, so start celebrating! Xx

Hi 

fab news so pleased for you 

remember that feeling write it down so you can look back on it if there comes a day where your not feeling upbeat it has to be such an amazing feeling to be told all clear 

dont count the days make the days count Hun 

see you soon 

love Michelle xx 

Lovely news to hear that you were told it all looked ok at your six month check. I think I am possibly in the same situation as you were but a few months behind you. I had my three month scan and lymph nodes seem to have shrunk back to normal but there still is a 1cm of tumour left. They say they will wait another three months and see if it carries on shrinking. 

I would love to get your news at my six month check up so yes you should celebrate - and raise a glass for your mum as she would be so happy for you x 

Brilliant news , we're all celebrating with you. My six month scan is coming up in a couple of weeks, so fingers crossed for a good result too.

I'm a bit the same with friends and family, a couple really understand but most don't say anything. I think this may be because they don't think we want to be reminded of it ? As if we'd forget !

Thanks ladies for the lovely replies. 

I certainly am making the days count, even if i'm the only one pushing it. I'm absolutely determined not to let the old ways creep back to where we're waiting to do something, because there never is a right time really, and you end up waiting forever and then it's gone. 

I remember seeing a lot of posts from people celebrating the end of chemo, radio, brachy, and felt so upset that i'd not done it and told myself i wouldn't let people not understanding get me down and really celebrate every milestone now...just needed a kick up the bum to get me going again. So this week i have! been and bought myself a nice congratulatory big bunch of pretty bright flowers and wrote myself a card to keep with my journals! 

It's horrible how it makes you feel so alone at times. Thank you for you lovely words ladies, i really do appreciate them :) 

Good luck to you ladies with scans coming up, i've got my fingers, toes and everything crossed for you!!

Sending love and hugs back to you all xxxx

Fingers crossed for you Sooze! I really hope everything goes ok for you.

And i know, i feel for a lot of people cause who really knows what to say, but then i think that's just it, if everyone didn't say anything we'd all be in a right old mess. xxxx

Thanks Susan. 

I hope all goes well for you at your check up. Yes my nodes were not showing up on my first scan but i think i'd moved in the mri and they couldn't be certain if there was any tumour left. I was devastated that they didn't have the information i wanted but my nurse and oncologist took the time to explain that the radiotherapy keeps on working for months. I really hope things go ok for you xxxx

Thanks Michelle :) I certainly will do! 

Hope you're doing ok lovely? 

take care, see you this week! xxxx