Good news stage 1b2

Hi Ladies 

I am an active reader of this site, and have sought reassurance from so many of the kind women who come back time and time ago to ensure we are all doing ok and to provide some guidance and support in our darkest moments, so I thought I would share my good news.

I was diagnosed October 2016  stage 1b2  adenocarvinoma, I was 36 at the time I had a radical hysterectomy with ovaries removed.

I had over 40 nodes removed and was lucky these were all clear with clear margins however due to LVSI being present I was told I needed radiotherapy and chemotherapy, at the time I was upset but I got through the treatment with little side effects.

On Thursday I had my two year follow up and I was told I was clear and I was then officially discharged,which I was not expecting as I thought I would be seen for up to 5 years however my consultant who I based in Sutton Coldfield West Midlands explained the chances of it coming back is very slim and him examining me every year is not necessary.

However I am still on their books so to speak and if I have any concerns or symptoms I can simply bypass my GP and make an appointment direct with my consultant, I know another lady on this site was discharged early too, which is far from the norm but for me it was the best news and I have the security that if I need to get an appointment I can go direct.

Anyway i just thought I would share with you the fact that I am another cervical cancer survivor  to add to this over increasing number, I will be sure to keep u all in my thoughts and prayers xxxx

Hi Natalie

That's fantastic news! I'm so pleased for you! I hope you are doing something special to mark the occassion. 

Thank you so much for coming on here to share your good news with those who may be just at the start of their cancer experience, I know it will mean a lot to them to hear from someone who has made it through!!

Just so pleased for you!

Rebecca

Brilliant news. So happy for you. I hope you're going to go and celebrate by doing something wonderful xx 

This is such good news. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

May I ask how big your tumour was? I have been told that I am the same stage as you but my tumour is 5cm which seems quite big. 

Alice. X

I was diagnosed 1b2 in sept 2017 and finished treatment in dec 2017. I had a scare in January this year as they thought my cancer might be back but the pet scan came back clear! I have another check up on the 1st April so hopefully it’s still going to be good news! My tumour was 4 cm xx