Good news post

I have been reading lots of stories on here and wanted to share my own positive story to give others hope (like many of yours did for me!).

After giving birth I had a smear which came back with HPV but no cell changes. A year later my check up smear came back HPV with high grade changes. Following the leetz procedure booked in for a couple weeks after (they did it at my coloscopy appointment) it was confirmed I had CIN3 which had thankfully been removed.

6 months later I had my test for cure smear … which came back HPV negative. So I am back to 3 yearly smears… although may go private every year.

I can’t explain how much the whole process has messed with my head but I wanted to share a positive experience.

7 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this - I’m so scared at the moment (waiting for biopsy results) and this has brought me a bit of hope. Thank you :heart:

1 Like

Just wanted to check in - have you received your biopsy results yet?

1 Like

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to check in with me. I got my results very late on Friday (5:30pm, the evening before my birthday weekend :roll_eyes:) and I have a mix of CIN 1, 2 and 3. I’m booked in for a LLETZ on 15 April. I can’t say I’m looking forward to it but I’m just really hoping that will be the end of it.

Did they take multiple biopsies then? Not great timing but I hope you managed to enjoy the weekend!!

I’m glad you’ve got the LLETZ booked - I didn’t have any biopsies taken - just the LLETZ at the colposcopy appointment so not sure what a biopsy is like - but the LLETZ isn’t as bad as what I thought it would be!

You’ve got this and I’m sure it’ll all be over after. I read it’s something like 90-95% of people who have the LLETZ will be “cured”, i.e., normal cells and no HPV at their test for cure smear - so think positively!!

My husband kept telling me “it’s only fair to think about the most likely outcome as much as you’re thinking about the most catastrophic one” which helped me reign my thoughts back in whilst waiting for the test for cure smear and result from it!

Here if you ever want to chat. You’ve got this!

3 Likes

Thank you so much you are so kind and you have such a sensible perspective. Yes, they decided to take 5 biopsies, in total honesty this was extremely painful (and I was offered zero pain relief) and I also bled very badly for almost a week and ended up on antibiotics so to be honest I’m kind of dreading the LLETZ, but at least for this the gyno has offered me a local anaesthetic (her exact words after the biopsies were taken were “you won’t need any anaesthetic for the LLETZ if you need one, will you? You were fine for the biopsies” when in total honesty I was in a lot of pain, I just don’t really show it as much as perhaps some people do… If she’d offered me pain relief I would have absolutely taken it and I told her this and she went a bit quiet.) I feel very comforted that your LLETZ was ok for you, I really wish they’d just done mine there and then to be honest! Thank you so much for being here for me and for giving me your perspective, I’m so grateful.

1 Like