Going straight back to work?

I had a call on Tuesday asking me to come in for an urgent colposcopy on Thursday morning (tomorrow) after my recent smear. 

I hadn't even had the results and I was I suppose trying to be positive and had planned on coming back to work straight after. I've just had the smear results in the post and it's severe dyskaryosis and HPV, so should I be anticipating they may do treatment tomorrow and I might not feel up to coming back to work? 

Stressing because I stupidly haven't had a smear in 6 years and risk factors of teenage pregnancy, on pill for years and smoker from 16 to 35. 

Hi Lala, 

I suppose it depends what's involved in your work. 

For me, I had the same smear results letter as you and had LLETZ and Diathermy ablation on the day of the colposcopy and I felt like I'd just given birth (May partly be due to a speculum issue they had). 

I work from home so I continued with some admin tasks but cancelled all non admin tasks like zoom meetings for a few days. Others on this site have had far better experiences and gone back to work the following day. Others have taken a few days leave. X

Thank you. I also read your linked post and that's really helpful too. I'm mentally preparing myself for treatment tomorrow now so it doesn't come as a shock. It's really helpful being able to read other people's experiences so I have some idea of what to expect. 

Thank you. I also read your linked post and that's really helpful too. I'm mentally preparing myself for treatment tomorrow now so it doesn't come as a shock. It's really helpful being able to read other people's experiences so I have some idea of what to expect. 

Good luck today ? 

I'm going into my 7th(!) week of no work! Just to say my first ever cells treatment I had, 16 years ago I was back at work pretty much straight away but because of complications after my initial punch biopsies this time and with the coil, it's been a bloomin nightmare. 

I had my lletz treatment 2 weeks ago today, but to be honest I'm still in some pain, with no sign of infection. I walked yesterday a mile and half, that's the most I've done in 7 weeks and had some fresh bleeding afterwards. 

I have 3 jobs: 2 require mainly admin and 1 is care, so I've been quite lucky I can continue admin working from home, whether at my desk or in bed, but the care one it's not possible at the moment. I'm due to see the nurse this Friday x