Glandular cervical cancer

Can a colposcopy detect glandular cervical cancer?

I would think that if your smear showed up CGIN they would take a biopsy of higher up. I'm no expert though but someone more informed will hopefully come along and explain to you. 

I thought i read that you've been given the all clear and that you need to attend your next smear for a follow up in another thread? 

If you're still not happy with that and can't relax then go to your GP otherwise you'll worry yourself sick. Your GP might be able to reassure you. On the other hand your maybe really in tune with your body and there is something like pcos/pid/fibroid/cyst to name a few that could up with you. There are loads of non cancerous conditions in the pelvic area! 

Doctors are pretty good at their jobs though and I can confidently say that if he's given you the all clear after a colposcopy then I would relax and celebrate ☺

If you had a smear test that shows cgin or atypical glandular cells, then during the colposcopy and biopsy they would take a sample from further up inside the cervical canal. It's not really something they can see during colposcopy though. Your cervix would have to be dilated for them to see. 

They would definitely be looking for possibiity of this at your colposcopy And would take biopsies if needed. Perhaps go and have a chat with your gp if you are struggling with this whole experience. going through this kind of thing can develop into health anxiety issues very easily - lots of us have been there. It's important to get the support you need so that you are able to move forwards and live your life without the fears of this xxx