Follow Up

So, yesterday I had my post treatment follow up with the Dr that diagnosed me. I had a PAP and a biopsy which hurt like hell and a full pelvic exam. He said things are still inflamed from radiation but otherwise nothing looks suspicious. I've been in a bad state all day awaiting the test results which I'm sure I wont get back until next week. I'm terrified. He said the biopsy is normal to make sure there's nothing microscopic left. I'd been thinking it was gone, but now the doubt is creeping in. I also had some bleeding last night that nearly sent me over the edge and took me right back to pre-diagnosis. I wasnt prepared for the biopsy and PAP. I hate this. The past couple of weeks, Ive been having the sensation of something in the center of my chest and I feel the need to cough therefore I cant stop wondering if its more than reflux. 

I think (but I'm not a Dr ) that the bleeding has come from the pap. We've all had bleeding when we've used the dilators for the first few times and I expect a pap is even more invasive. Everything is fragile down there at the moment but if you're worried, contact your medical team for advice.

The thing in the centre of your chest sounds like anxiety to me but again, if it's something you're worried about then get it checked out x

Hiya :-)

I expect the bleeding is because of the biopsy. Like Philleepa, I am as certain as I can be that the thing in your chest is anxiety.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Biopsy, pap, and HPV all came back negative. Still have this sharp pain in the left side of my cervix thats radiating through my buttock and down my left leg. Trying not to think the worst that something could be lurking elsewhere within the tissue. Also still have that feeling in my chest. Absolutely dreading my PET scan in October.