Five years - discharged from follow up

I wanted to share some positive news in these tough times, and particularly for the ladies undergoing treatment currently. After five years and a few months I have finally been discharged and have a clear MRI to boot! Although I continue to have some bowel and bladder issues as well as well controlled lymphoedema, I am hugely relieved to have made it this far and to have largely put the experience behind me. So don't give up hope ladies. It may all feel a way off right now but with the help of the wonderful Jo's Trust, the help and support is here. Good luck to you all and stay strong. X

1 Like

❤  so happy for you! Love reading these posts, and I vow to post the same in five years 

What great news! 

Well done xxxx

Rachel that's really great news. Thank you for coming back to update. It's important for us who are at an earlier stage in our journeys to hear these positive stories.

x

Amazing news , congratulations. And thank you for posting it gives so many hope for the future.

Brilliant news!! Thanks for sharing it's always amazing to hear the positive stories xxx

That is great news.

What wonderful news! I bet you are over joyed xx

Thank you for coming back to update. It made me a bit weepy to read this. It gives me such hope that one day I will be normal again xx

Thank you for taking the time to spread hope!

Hi Rachel 

I'm about to start my treatment for 1b1 squamous cc, and your post is hugely encouraging. What wonderful news for you, truly! 

It's very kind of you to come back and share this, that we may all take courage and hope from your experience 

All the best x

That’s fantastic and such positive need to post! Thank you xxx

Congratulations! Wonderful news x

Hi Rachel - I'm about to start treatment also, really worried about long term effects but it's a boost to read your post - many thanks