5 years on

When I was first diagnosed I always promised myself I’d post if and when I got to this point, so here I am.
2 weeks ago I had my last appointment with my consultant and have been discharged- I am done! :slight_smile:
It has been one hell of a journey and I still have some side effects, but most importantly, I’m here and I made it.
I will be scarred, emotionally and physically, forever by my cancer but I have learnt so much. Life has literally never been better and even after all this time, I appreciate every single day how lucky I am to have woken up :slight_smile:
To all the newbies, I remember the terror and fear, it used to take my breath away. But you’ve got this, take one day at a time and before you know it, you’ll be skipping out of your last appointment and having a happy cry in the car park, just like I did!
To all the ladies still fighting or facing recurrence, my very best wishes and a huge hug- I experienced just a small part of your journey and you truly are warriors.
To all the ladies that sadly gained their wings, much love and respect always.

We are all queens, much love to you all :slight_smile:

Ali xx

1 Like

So happy for you Ali! You are a true survivor! Your words have made my day! The best news! Xx

hi ali77

thanks for this post!!! Congrats on your being discharged. What a overwhelming day you must have had. 

All the best for you

Hi

Congrats on your discharge and thanks for posting gives us all hope :-)

Thank you Ali77 for such a wonderful post. Looks like you had a rough ride but you did it. Showing that there's hope for all of us xx

Laughing

Congrats Ali and thanks for the post, always good to hear news like this x 

Wonderful news for you and for all of us on this site. At whatever stage we are at, it gives us hope for the future. Thank you so much for posting, and I hope I can learn to be grateful for each day lived. 

Congratulations Ali on your discharge, what a wonderful post to read!

Plenty of celebrations to be had. Well done getting through & thank you for sharing your great news with us. 

Love

Flo xx

Hi Ali

fantastic News it’s lovely to hear a success story like yours !! Enjoy your celebrations you deserve it xx

Love this news! Congratulations on your discharge.

Thank you so much for sharing 

Rosie xx

Thank you Ali, I love reading this!