5 Year Anniversary today

Today marks the fifth anniversary of my first stage 2b cervical cancer diagnosis. I did have a recurrence 9 months after treatment ended which was successfully dealt with so I hope this can give some encouragement to others.

I even had my gallbladder out 2 weeks ago via keyhole surgery despite my previous surgery and was out of hospital a few days later with no complications and life is good! x

34 Likes

Hi Lilypingu
That is fantastic news, the best any of us can hope for! And you made it through with all of the complications. Thank you for posting this it gives so much hope to others xxx

5 Likes

Congratulations @Lilypingu! :clap:t3:
5 years is an amazing milestone!
Always so nice to hear these positive stories :blush: xx

4 Likes

@Lilypingu massive milestone against this awful disease! Beyond happy for you.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing xx This gives me hope and positivity! I was 3c. Just found out it’s gone from my cervix but a small amount has migrated to my lung - thankfully very small so I’m optimistic it’ll be quick to address. Sending lots of love and well wishes to you strong body! Xx

5 Likes

I’m sorry to read you’ve had this happen Caroline-I hope your treatment plan will sort things out for you. You sound like you’ll have the right attitude to deal will this, and that’s a big part of coping and coming through this disease. But we all need to hear the positive stories to spur us on-I know I did. All good wishes for your treatment.xx

3 Likes

So happy for you. I read your posts in my dark days 3.5 years ago. You kept me going.

5 Likes

Congratulations that’s amazing news! I’m 4 years post treatment. Glad to hear everything is going well.

7 Likes

Hope you’re doing well now @Harvitt and thank you for your kind words. xx

3 Likes

Thanks @Rissag -all these milestones are important I think and the date will forever be imprinted on my brain. xx

3 Likes

Very good to hear your story. As you say gives encouragement to people.
Welldone you xxxx

2 Likes

CarolineE
I had the same as you,but i had 3 lung mets. They had shrunk by chemo 3 and gone by chemo 6.
I’m now 18 mths clear of my cancer,although i have been left with a few problems. I would rather have those than the cancer. I know its hard ,but try not to worry too much.
Stay positive,strong and most of all keep smiling xxx

3 Likes