First smear & Biopsy

Hi everyone :) I'm new here and wanted to share my experience :) ...

So... I'm 25 years old and went for my first smear on the 18th of March 2017. 

I received my results 2 weeks later which explained that abnormal cells have been found and an appointment has been made for me at hospital to have a colposcopy.

My appointment for my colposcopy was on Wednesday 7th June 2017. Obviously I was nervous as hell as on the 8th of February 2017 my mam had to have a mastectomy due to breast cancer. So my initial thought is oh sugar! 

My nurses were superb! She examined me and I had a large area that looked 'angry' so she injected me with 3 vials of local anesetic *excuse the spelling* wasn't the most pleasant feeling if I'm honest and I'm not good with needles in the first place lol.

She used a hot wire to remove 90% of the 'angry' area and now I'm just waiting on my results with my fingers crossed everything is okay and I don't need anymore treatments. 

Just a bit of advice... if you don't like needles I suggest you don't go on an empty stomach and wear something light. Unlucky for me I almost passed out but on the plus side I got 2 custard creams and a cup of tea from it haha.