First post ... Call from my doctor that I was dreading

Hi
Just joined and this is my first post.
Not sure where to start as feeling highly emotional.
Had my smear last Wednesday , was over due & my last one was 8 years ago(I know I’m so mad with myself)
Doctor just called me at home to say he had received a call from the hospital and to expect a call from the hospital tomorrow.
My smear was showing abnormal cells and when I asked at what level he said at the severest level ! I’m so worried now I left my smear too late.
I have back ache which seems to be getting worse and have been bleeding after sex for a few months which made me book my smear.
The doctor said I am down for an urgent Colposcopy which will be within 2 weeks … I’m just wondering wether to go private to see if that quickens things up ! Has anyone does this ?
I don’t know anyone that’s been through this to talk too so hoping to be able to chat soon.

Welcome Confetti 72, sorry that you  have found yourself on this site, but even though I have been on here only a couple of days, I'm already feeling the love!!!!! 

My story is similar to you, high grade dys result, booked in for an urgent Colposcopy ie within 2weeks which is just the time framework NHS work towards. Can I suggest you call the clinic and ask if there has been a cancellation, you may need to do this daily as it's usually a first come first served. 

If you're anything like me, you will be scared, shocked, tearful and everything in between. All this is normal.  Take time to read the posts on here, try not to Google.... tho I'm sure you will! 

I wish I could take my own advice when I tell you to try to keep things in perspective..... we are talking PRE CANCER cells here remember. 

I have my Colposcopy tomorrow, so will report back on the procedure if you like.  

Keep strong and sending you hugs 

Bren x 

Thank you Bren for reaching out.

wishing you all the best for your procedure tomorrow , did you have to wait the full 2 weeks for your appointment?

thankyou for the recommendation of calling for cancellations I will bear that in mind.

hopefully speak to you again soon.

melanie

Hiya ladies I too had this phone call I had my colposcopy and loop biopsy almost 4 weeks ago (which I went for around a week after my smear results came back) for high grade dys so I'm currently at the stalking my postman stage hoping he brings my results. 

I will tell you though the colposcopy and loop biopsy was nothing like I imagined! The women were so lovely made me feel at ease told me everything they were doing and I honestly didn't feel a thing during or after just a bit of bleeding which is expected. The only strange bit was when they inject you with adrenaline which lasts for about 10 seconds your heart racing its not an awful feeling just felt odd.

I wish you's both luck I know how scary this all is but this site honestly has calmed me so much reading other ppls journeys and getting support from other women in exactly the same situation xxx

Thanks ladies for your good wishes.... I think I'm all worried out now, and have done my own head in lol. My appointment was actually just over a week Melanie, and I  fact when I called to confirm attendance I was offered one later that day, which I had to refuse, so I hope you will get one asap.  Thanks for the heads up on the loop Ashley, what a trooper you are! Hope you get you're results tomorrow so you can enjoy the weekend. 

Love and hugs 

Bren x

I am all booked in for Monday ! Can't believe how quick they have got me in.

worried that they think I'm an urgent case but happy at the same time, need to keep busy at the weekend so I don't sit around worrying !!

mel x

Hi all , need some advice or someone who’s had the same results . I’m 29 and went for my 1st ever smear Last year …I know I should have booked in at 25 to start routine appointments :/, anyway I booked my smear because I noticed big changes in my periods . I started my periods at age 12 and they have been regular and steady flow and lasted 4 days maximum 5days …for the last year they have became very heavy,clotted and lasting 6-7 days . One period lasted 11 days ! So I tell nurse all these changes. I had a 1st smear in September it came back inadiquate . The nurse explained there wernt enough cells . I have a 2nd smear in December and again it came back inadequate. I did a urine test and a chlamidia swab and they came back clear . I had a 3rd smear in April and it came back inadiquate again ! They have referred me for a Colposcopy at the hospital on the 23rd of this month (may) …I’m going out my head with worry. Is it normal to have 3 inadequate smear results in a row ?? The nurse tells me there’s nothing to worry about they just need a closer look because they couldn’t retrieve a sample from my cervix …not to worry is easier said than done . So now I’m just anxiously waiting .has anyone had this?? I’m sorry for the rant.