First colposcopy

Hey all just someone to talk to really. I'm 28 my smear before came back fine nothing wrong and received the letter on Monday of hpv positive high grade and high grade servere dyskaryosis now I'm crapping it . Iv had a really Rubbish week spent all my time on google made me worse I know I shouldn't of. My appointment for colospy and biopsy tomorrow is it likely they will do treatment . And what's the chances it is cancer as a lot of posts Iv read people who have servere dyskaryosis end up having early stages . My periods stopped after my first child and have never properly came back they put it down to my weight . I do get back pain and cramps stabbing pains but I put it down to not having periods .just want some advice really on any similar situation I know everyone is different and if there's anything I should look out for at my appointment will be a great help and questions to ask I just feel a bit lost 

Hi,

I've had two colposcopies due to cell changes and they aren't that bad. They will take a look at your cervix, add some dye which will show up any white bits (abnormalities). I haven't had any treatment but they usually take a biopsy and take it from there or I believe they can offer treatment on the day. My advice would be to stay off Google. I sent myself insane waiting for my first colposcopy and searching google made me feel tons worse. You'll feel better after your appointment when you know exactly what you are facing. Just remember a smear is a screening test and exists to catch something before it becomes sinister ?

Aww Thankyou hun I was one to go onto google and it was the worst thing I could have done . My appointment is at 2 today so I can't wait to get it done and out the way now I don't feel as worried . I will keep you updated . Thankyou for replying 

No problem :) I found this forum very comforting and still do. I hope your appointment went ok x

Im 32 and had my first colposcopy yesterday and cant stop thinking about it all because im not happy with it.

First i was told the staff will put me at ease which didnt happen, i was constantly asked "but why are you stressed???" How was i not to be? Had horrendous year with so much stress due to my wedding cancelled and other stuff that getting letter stating hpv and moderate dyskaryosis was like last straw from 2020. Week coming to the appointment was hell and then old man doctor repeating "but why are you stressed??".
Did not like the feeling that if i havent asked he wouldnt tell me anything but got out of him that it is what smear test shown and
I dont know what he was doing but first biopsy was ok, second one hurt so bad i burst into tears and asked "how many more?" And third one felt like he wrenched me inside, still feeling sick thinking of it. Really dont know why but it hurt really bad.
Also from what he said i deducted that if biopsy will say its CIN2 he will not be willing to remove the cells???? Im not keen on these procedures but i have such worry that i'd rather have them removed. My letter said its only 40% chance they will disappear on their own then why wait for them to get worse? As i said this year was horrid and I absolutely dont want to be brushed off with CIN2 and not have them removed only for them wanting to do it in 6months time when its my new weddind date and its abroad? im not having my wedding ruined by this. horror year and i really want, for my peace of mind to have it removed and not stress for 6months that it will turn worse than it is now? really not impressed with this doctor? does the fact that he took 3 biopses mean it is bad?? Girls please advise?

Looking at your history, I'm like a year behind with the same results for smears. What happened after your first colposcopy?(if you don't mind sharing) 

Thanks x