First colposcopy today

So today I had my first colposcopy, just thought I'd share my experience. 

It wasn't pleasant at all, I did find it difficult but wasn't AWFUL either. Considering I've been losing sleep and feeling sick over it. I had a male gynaecologist and two female nurses who were lovely. I was physically trembling, so much so, that the nurse said my thighs were like those vibration plates!! 

I had a few injections of anaesthetic, is that usual? I did find the first one pretty uncomfortable, I swore and cried, but it worked very quickly and I didn't feel much after. The doctor said my cervix looks good to the naked eye, but once he had applied the dye, he agreed with my smear test, that my cells are "high grade severe". They have taken a biopsy and performed lletz. I'm in a little pain, but generally okay.

I was worried about bleeding after sex, but was told this is likely hormonal due to being on depo, I thought that's worth mentioning incase anyone has worried about that as much as me and didn't know it could cause bleeding. So mine is likely that and friction. 

I've been told it will be a 4 week wait for results, so that's the next step to worry about I suppose! Feeling slightly lousy now, backache, headache and cramps, but I guess that's normal and mixed with my anxiety. 

Hi lovely, pleased to hear your letz wasnt too much to handle, I on the other hand cried as soon as they injected the anesthetic, I'm a wuss lol i dont actually know why I'm replying to be honest just to say well done and good luck really xx 

Oh I did cry, and swear, and trembled like a leaf. I was not brave, haha!

Thank you. I appreciate that. Hopefully the results come quickly. Good luck to you too xx 

Thankyou. The waiting is waiting is eating me up to be honest but were all in it together i suppose x 

I had a lletz on Tuesday too. So far I've not had any bleeding....I'm not sure if this is normal or not. I just felt off it on Tuesday after the procedure. I had an anaesthetic when I had a biopsy taken previous to the lletz. Hope your feeling ok xxx

Hi Danielle

It is very common not to bleed straight away. They paint a substance on your cervix to stop the bleeding after the lletz. Most women start bleeding when the scab starts to come away which is usually 7 - 10 days after. Hope this helps

Jx 

I have had a little bleeding, but not much. Expecting to bleed more once the scab comes away. When I got off the table to get dressed, there was quite a bit of blood on the sheet though which made me worry a little. But they didn't say anything about it, so I assume it was fairly normal 

Thank you Julia. I thought I'd read somewhere that it may come later xx

Hi

I had my colposcopy and Lletz on Tuesday. They offered my gas and air before they started, she said if it's there you may aswell have it. Was you not offered this? Had a little bleeding on the night and yesterday but I had my Mirena out at the same time so not sure if that makes a difference. Anyone else feeling really drained? Physically I feel ok, not really had any pain just the odd twinge, but just feel absolutely exhausted since. 
xx

No, I wasn't offered anything in the way of pain relief. I had seen other people had gas and air, and did think, considering how violently I was shaking, that they may offer me something, but apparently not!

Yes, I am feeling very drained! I am a bit crampy and lousy. But I don't get periods due to my contraceptive, so it's weird for me to feel period like pains, I haven't for such a long while.

Xx

Hello everyone,

I was going to create a separate post about post LLTEZ but I can see a lot of you here have already had theirs recently :) 
I had mine 2 days ago. Ive Been having period like cramps since then and started getting bright red bleeding since this morning. It's watery and not heavy at all. But I hear people they don't bleed for a week or so and that bright red blood is a sign of infection. I honestly do not know what to think.......xx

Hi.

I had mine on Tuesday. I bled a little on Tuesday night then a little on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I've had more of a watery brown. I've not really had any pain just the odd twinge every now and then. I've felt tired and uneasy on my legs more than anything. I think it's more emotionally draining then physically. 
If you're concerned maybe contact your GP.

hope you're ok xx