First appt after treatment

Hey

My treatment finished mid Jan, chemo, radio and brachy, I have an appt with my Consultant on 21st March.  I don' have a date for a scan or anything so was wondering if anyone knew what this meeting is for.

TIA 

I’m not sure where you are but I had one at six weeks in the uk. 

Its basically to ask you if you are having any side effects. Eg, problems with your bowels or bladder and how you are getting on with the dilator etc.

They also did an examination where they look at your cervix to see what is going on. 

I imagine your appointment will be something similar x

Hi

I live in live in the U.S. and on my firsr appt. the doctor did a vault smear and a feel. He slao listened to my lungs. Good luck, pray all goes good

Hiya thanks for the replies I'm uk based had treatment at the Beatson in Glasgow.  I was hoping i would get some sort of examination so I know what's what.

I've had a rubbish time since treatment ended breathlessness got worse and I was eventually admitted given a ct scan and they have diagnosed a saddle clot in my lung which is putting a bit of pressure on my heart.  I've been put on daily blood thinning injections for the next 6 months and have to go back for another heart scan in a couple of months.  

My first checkup was 4 weeks after my brachytherapy.

my oncologist asked me if I had any problems etc and did an internal to see if she could still feel the tumour and a visual exam using a speculum and a miners lamp ( not really a miners lamp, but it was very bright!)

ive just had my appointment to have my first MRI on 9th April and I will see her again on 16th April to discuss the results.

fingers crossed xxxx